What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » The cell phone I want to buy.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
The cell phone I want to buy.
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Cool  The cell phone I want to buy.
As you may know, I recently got a job :banana:...:P I have been wanting a cell phone for a while, and have settled on the Z600...please tell me what you think. You can look at the phone below (please broswe around a bit and look @ the features and things it has): Click here to look at the Sony Ericsson Z600

It just came out recently and the carrier is FIDO...it's awesome...the package I'm buying is 200 anytime local minutes, 200 anytime long-distance to Canada and the USA (I live in Canada), and caller ID for $29 Canadian/month! The phone itself is $350 (no contract) if you activate it on a new plan on the spot.

[Image: CWS31AFW_9484_1502_0_4000.jpg]
(If you didn't guess, it's a flip phone :P)
:drool:     :drool:     :drool:     :drool:

The phone has an outer LCD caller ID display, a camera, games, instant messaging, text messaging, and more!

So what do you people think? :banana:

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 03:01 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
06-01-2004 02:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: The cell phone I want to buy.
i'd say, get a nokia :p

but sony ericsson are pretty good (especially that P900 *drools*)
06-01-2004 03:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: The cell phone I want to buy.
quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
i'd say, get a nokia :p

but sony ericsson are pretty good (especially that P900 *drools*)

The p900 is more a PDA with a phone randomly attached than a cell phone :banana:

but what do you think of the z600?
06-01-2004 03:06 PM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
my friend has it, and tbh, it isnt that good, there are better phones out on the market
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-01-2004 03:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
my friend has it, and tbh, it isnt that good, there are better phones out on the market

what's not so great about it? ^o)
06-01-2004 03:16 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
To be honest, I think Nokia has lost the plot a bit with its new phones. I remember back when there was a choice of about 4 or 5 phones and you knew the one you wanted. Now there is too much choice for my liking, and its confusing to keep track of them all!.

Sony Ericsson seems to be making a better job of it. They are bringing out fewer phones, but they seem to be more polished, and have all the features you could ever want!

For my next phone, I will be looking to get a SE K700i. Assuming its not total pants when it comes out, it should do everything I want in a phone, and more.

You really have to ask yourself what you want in a new phone. For me, I want something small, fast, that makes phone calls and sends text messages. The SE K700i is total overkill for this, so really I should just stick with my Nokia 8310 which to be honest, is ideal already!!

www.mobileburn.com is a good site for keeping upto date with phones. Well written and very upto date. Check it out. I think the Z600 has plenty of column space on there!

This post was edited on 06-01-2004 at 03:38 PM by Jeronimo.
06-01-2004 03:35 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
To be honest, I think Nokia has lost the plot a bit with its new phones. I remember back when there was a choice of about 4 or 5 phones and you knew the one you wanted. Now there is too much choice for my liking, and its confusing to keep track of them all!.

Sony Ericsson seems to be making a better job of it. They are bringing out fewer phones, but they seem to be more polished, and have all the features you could ever want!

For my next phone, I will be looking to get a SE K700i. Assuming its not total pants when it comes out, it should do everything I want in a phone, and more.

You really have to ask yourself what you want in a new phone. For me, I want something small, fast, that makes phone calls and sends text messages. The SE K700i is total overkill for this, so really I should just stick with my Nokia 8310 which to be honest, is ideal already!!

www.mobileburn.com is a good site for keeping upto date with phones. Well written and very upto date. Check it out. I think the Z600 has plenty of column space on there!

Yes, I have looked @ mobile burn b4, and they gave the z600 a good review. They said the camera isn't too great, but w/e, that's not the main reason I want it :P (I have a 4 mp canon digital camera for that :P) I just want the occasioanl picture when I'm, say, at the store and don't know which one to buy :P I like the features and the shape...this looks like the phone I wil buy unless someone gives some real reason not to :banana:
06-01-2004 03:48 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Go for the sony ericsson...I have one and its awesome!!! Don't go for a nokia couse I have 2 of those, and have had to get the SIM card replaced in both of them ;-)
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
06-01-2004 03:52 PM
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Get an alcatel :D
They are the best!

Btw yeah the camera sucks i have a sony erricson T630 and its camera is sooooo stupid :rolleyes:
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
06-01-2004 03:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Go for the sony ericsson...I have one and its awesome!!! Don't go for a nokia couse I have 2 of those, and have had to get the SIM card replaced in both of them ;-)

Well if I didn't go for this phone there was another Sony Ericsson I would buy that's less but has no camera :banana:...:P

Do you have this exact phone? :o
06-01-2004 03:54 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: