What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » plus 3

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
plus 3
Author: Message:
ZeroG

O.P. plus 3
i like plus! 3. lots of improvements.

If im not wrong then you can't get to the preferences window from a conversation anymore (used to be able to from Plus!\Quick Texts). any chance of having that (or something similar) back?

The size of the setup file keeps increasing..perhaps Patchou could use an exe packer like UPX? but then again most of the DLLs seem to be resources.

Its good that you can't just keep clicking next and accidentally install the sponsor anymore. however having the word ACCEPT in caps seems to make peopl think that they should accept. i would suggest putting REFUSE in caps or something like NOT INSTALL SPONSOR, which might make it even clearer?
personally i don't care because i read everything carefully, but might prevent more people from installing it without intending to).
06-02-2004 02:02 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: plus 3
quote:
Originally posted by ZeroG
If im not wrong then you can't get to the preferences window from a conversation anymore (used to be able to from Plus!\Quick Texts). any chance of having that (or something similar) back?
/config :)

06-02-2004 02:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
i would suggest putting REFUSE in caps or something like NOT INSTALL SPONSOR, which might make it even clearer?
Actually I think that's a good idea, I know it would stop on the amount of people skipping through the installation and making unfounded accusations about Patchou being an internet pirate who makes spyware...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-02-2004 02:24 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
i would suggest putting REFUSE in caps or something like NOT INSTALL SPONSOR, which might make it even clearer?
Actually I think that's a good idea, I know it would stop on the amount of people skipping through the installation and making unfounded accusations about Patchou being an internet pirate who makes spyware...

Thats true, but I dont think it could be much more clearer then it is. If they ignore it at this point, they'll ignore it all the time. Also, some people are gonna want it, its that sponsor program that gets Patch his cash ;)
06-02-2004 03:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
apart from /config as Kryptonate said, you can also use /sconfig and if you don't like commands, use the enhanced plus menu and select send a pre-recorded message > edit the quick text list

quote:
The size of the setup file keeps increasing..perhaps Patchou could use an exe packer like UPX? but then again most of the DLLs seem to be resources.
the language files, the main executable, the aditional dlls and the sponsor program are compressed in ZIP into the setup program. It keeps increasing due to the new sounds, new grafics and new features. Also note that patchou care about the size. He changed something in the code that let him remove some dll that makes the setup package about 350 Kb smaller :P
quote:
Its good that you can't just keep clicking next and accidentally install the sponsor anymore. however having the word ACCEPT in caps seems to make peopl think that they should accept. i would suggest putting REFUSE in caps or something like NOT INSTALL SPONSOR, which might make it even clearer?
personally i don't care because i read everything carefully, but might prevent more people from installing it without intending to).
Maybe, but read this post and the next ones, specially the ones of patchou: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=218485#pid218485

This post was edited on 06-02-2004 at 03:42 PM by Choli.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-02-2004 03:34 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno

That's true, but I don't think it could be much clearer than it is. If they ignore it at this point, they'll ignore it all the time.
Yeah but it would increase the chances of them noticing
quote:
Also, some people are gonna want it, its that sponsor program that gets Patch his cash
This won't make a difference; if they want the sponsor program they'll still accept it
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-02-2004 03:36 PM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

That's true, but I don't think it could be much clearer than it is. If they ignore it at this point, they'll ignore it all the time.
Yeah but it would increase the chances of them noticing
quote:
Also, some people are gonna want it, its that sponsor program that gets Patch his cash
This won't make a difference; if they want the sponsor program they'll still accept it

Fair Enuff (H)
06-02-2004 03:49 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ZeroG

O.P. RE: RE: plus 3
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate

:O

quote:
If they ignore it at this point, they'll ignore it all the time.

True, i should have spoken up when patchou first decided to include the sponsor.

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
the language files, the main executable, the aditional dlls and the sponsor program are compressed in ZIP into the setup program.

I know that. when unzipped its 9.5MB as reported by Control Panel. Nevermind, I have lots of space and a fast connection and more features usually would make bigger file sizes..but i haven't noticed any speed decrease :)

As for the sponsor, i only intended to
quote:
increase the chances of them noticing

after all if you agreed to install it and it screws up your computer you can't really complain. Actually the idea to say install plus WITH/WITHOUT sponsor as in Choli's linked thread is a better idea. But in the end its patchous program, he gets to do what he wants, we can only give ideas..
06-03-2004 04:09 AM
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
quote:
i like plus! 3. lots of improvements.

I wish it was easier, like under the plus menu on a conversation window something called "prefrences" at the bottom?

anyway, you can get there through the plus icon>send a pre-recorded message>edit the quick texts list...
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
06-03-2004 04:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ZeroG

O.P. RE: plus 3
erm
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
is actually much easier, no need to move mouse
06-03-2004 04:16 AM