What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messy commands

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Poll: Do you agree?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Messy commands
Author: Message:
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  Messy commands
You can not disable format, (!TAGS) and emoticons:) in 1 message!

So, it's still kinda messy.
This would be perfect:

/noformat (to disable format only)
/noicon (the only command atm that does, what it supposed to do :o) (according to it's name))
/notag (to disable tags only, so in fact the same as /text, but a more suitable name)
/nofilter (for example when sending URL's containing filtered words, would be very handy)
/raw (disables all and everything)

/text command can be removed, or left for time for people that got used to it 8-)

[edit] And make it possible to send 2 (or more) tags in 1 message, just like "/all /close", so everyone can build his own variations of parsing stuff [/edit]

So... Do you want these commands added? :P

This post was edited on 06-06-2004 at 01:45 PM by Pure_BY.
06-05-2004 05:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
RE: Messy commands
Agreed. I'm also thinking of something like /noparse (needs a better name) which would work like /raw but not disable smilies... kind of like how Messenger without Plus! works...
06-05-2004 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
I like the idea of the new tags, could be usefull (Y)
quote:
Originally posted by Pure_BY
And remove /text 8-)

If you removed it, how would you be able to send /notag and /noicon at the same time, but keeping format for example? :P

/text is good for text only, despite its format.

Unless you want to bring in more commands /notagandnoiconbutpleasekeeptheformat

:P
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
06-05-2004 05:25 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messy commands
quote:
Originally posted by PsychoMark
kind of like how Messenger without Plus! works...
(Y) Agreed too.

quote:
/noparse (needs a better name)
/noplus :lol:
06-05-2004 05:28 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
If you removed it, how would you be able to send /notag and /noicon at the same time, but keeping format for example? :P
quote:
[edit] And make it possible to send 2 (or more) tags in 1 message, just like "/all /close", so everyone can build his own variations of parsing stuff [/edit]

Otherwice there must be created too many other commands, for format and tags, format and filters, format and emoticons, emoticons and tags, emoticons and filters, etc., etc., etc., and we will indeed and up with "/notagandnoiconbutpleasekeeptheformat" or something like that... |-)
06-05-2004 05:37 PM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
blah, editited after i said that but ok..
quote:
Otherwice there must be created too many other commands, for format and tags, format and filters, format and emoticons, emoticons and tags, emoticons and filters, etc., etc., etc., and we will indeed and up with "/notagandnoiconbutpleasekeeptheformat" or something like that... 
Thats what i mean, i understand and agree with the fact that maybe we need something such as /raw to disable averting, but this could go on and on and really, this is what your suggesting in the first place, that we need commands for other things..  which isn't a bad idea. But i think a little more thought needs to be put into this. Being that format, emoticons and tags have been in Plus! for a while, im sure Patchou has reasons for not adding these in the first place, whether it was thought to be too much or whether it just wasn’t necessary. Obviously now new considerations need to be taken place like the word filter. I think Patchou may already be looking into something with the word filter. And if Patchou agrees and adds all these new commands then great (Y) I'm just trying to see this from a different point of view :)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
06-05-2004 05:51 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
/notag
that can already be done with /text
quote:
And make it possible to send 2 (or more) tags in 1 message, just like "/all /close", so everyone can build his own variations of parsing stuff
already doable in Plus!3 :banana: (only with /all as 1st command:-/)
quote:
/nofilter (for example when sending URL's containing filtered words, would be very handy)
/raw (disables all and everything)
(Y) I agree
quote:
Agreed. I'm also thinking of something like /noparse (needs a better name) which would work like /raw but not disable smilies... kind of like how Messenger without Plus! works...
the /text command is nearly the same as what you're suggesting
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-05-2004 06:02 PM
PsychoMark

40 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
the /text command is nearly the same as what you're suggesting

Nearly, but not quite ;)

I think nesting of commands would be awkward to work with, so I'm not too keen on that. "/noicon /nofilter /notags" might as well be written as "/noiconfiltertags"... then parse /no commands so that order doesn't matter, people will write "/nofiltertagsicon" sooner or later anyways... but I'd be happy with just /noplus, never ever use the rest... ok, and /raw...
06-05-2004 06:15 PM
Pure_BY
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
If you removed it /text, how would you be able to send /notag and /noicon at the same time, but keeping format for example? :P
Ahm... Just checked it... /text does NOT disable icons, /text disables tags only. So, i think, a more suitable name for it would be /notag, I just suggested to rename it.

Just look... People know /noicon command, people know /noformat command. Now they want to disable tags... I think, /text is not the first command that will come to their mind :rolleyes:

So in fact, ALL I am suggesting is: adding some more commands (won't hurt nobody), renaming 1 command with strange name (or at least adding a comand wit suitable name for what it does, also not supposed to bring a lot of pain to anyone), and splitting 1 comamand in 2 (/noformat to: /noformat and /noicon... that might hurt a bit, but it will be better that way)

This post was edited on 06-06-2004 at 08:56 AM by Pure_BY.
06-06-2004 08:54 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
i wouldnt use the feature much, but its a good idea
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
06-06-2004 01:34 PM