What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » audio problems

audio problems
Author: Message:
lms063057

O.P. audio problems
Hello... I just got a new computer and installed MSN Plus (version 3.01 on top of MSN Messenger 6.2) and did my audio and video test... all looked fine. But the person that I talk with cannot receive my audio when we do videoconferencing. This was never a problem with my old computer.

I know it is nothing with my sound card or microphone because I am able to send audio through other chat applications. Also when I am talking on MSN PLUS.. I can see the green line sending the audio out. On my end it is perfect, except that the person that I am talking to cannot hear me. There is nothing wrong with the video send when we do that.

I can also receive video and audio perfectly in PLUS. All looks fine from my end, but why can't the person I am talking with receive my audio when all appears to be working on my end? Do I have to open up any ports or ??

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
06-07-2004 03:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
RE: audio problems
Plus! is not the client in which you talk, that is MSN Messenger. Maybe your end is good, but your friend's isn't, I could think the problem is his and not yours.. try to talk to another friend..
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
06-07-2004 06:25 AM
lms063057

O.P. RE: audio problems
Many thanks for your reply... I will test it with someone else... only other thing I can think of is my new computer is a Dell.. and I wonder if Dell puts on any software/drivers that has a conflict with Microsoft MSN Messenger????
06-07-2004 05:09 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: