What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » broswer home page

Poll: wat is best website
www.homestarrunner.com
www.cartoonnetwork.com
www.ytv.com
www.cokemusic.com
www.habbo.com
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
broswer home page
Author: Message:
Val

30 / Other / Flag
O.P. Cool  broswer home page
my homepage is this serch page and when i go to internet opitions i chage it and click yes but i doesent save i think is pluses falt i cant change it wat shoud i do ^o)^o)^o)
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
06-12-2004 02:17 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: broswer home page
I don't get how the poll relates to the post at all, but Val, you probably installed the optional sponsor program that comes with Plus! please read this (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598) thread to see how to remove it.
06-12-2004 02:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
AJR

33 / Male / –
im amazed by how many people have had this problem, its a shame they dont read installers these days.. maybe they should make the default tick on: do not install the sponsor program. this would solve alot of problems.
[Image: k.jpg]
06-12-2004 09:55 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AJR
maybe they should make the default tick on: do not install the sponsor program. this would solve alot of problems.
No, I strongly disagree.
People will still tick I agree, because otherwise they think they can't install the program.

Besides, we should not be encouraging them not reading agreements. If you need to sign a contract, you read it first. If you install a computer program, you should also read it first. Otherwise, you are the one who has to accept the consequences.

Also, the sponsor program has been put in the program to help Patchou make some money. Many people now don't complain and install it anyway - really, one complain a day is very good for 2 million installs a month. Making the default option not installing would be like saying "Well, this is here to help Patchou, but why would you do that? Just click Next without reading it at all" - and that is not what we want at all.
06-12-2004 09:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
AJR

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
quote:
Originally posted by AJR
maybe they should make the default tick on: do not install the sponsor program. this would solve alot of problems.
No, I strongly disagree.
People will still tick I agree, because otherwise they think they can't install the program.

Besides, we should not be encouraging them not reading agreements. If you need to sign a contract, you read it first. If you install a computer program, you should also read it first. Otherwise, you are the one who has to accept the consequences.

Also, the sponsor program has been put in the program to help Patchou make some money. Many people now don't complain and install it anyway - really, one complain a day is very good for 2 million installs a month. Making the default option not installing would be like saying "Well, this is here to help Patchou, but why would you do that? Just click Next without reading it at all" - and that is not what we want at all.

yeah.. i agree with you now. maybe if the button reading 'next' could not be clicked for 3 seconds, reading, 'please make sure you have the right selection for you' with a timer next to it.. might make people actually have a look at what it really is.
[Image: k.jpg]
06-12-2004 10:11 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: