What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line

Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
Author: Message:
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
Don't think I need a big Description, Patch knows what it loox like, well here's my (!VER)

Windows Version: Windows 98, 4.10.2222
Messenger Client Version: 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.0094

Latest Games Patch, Universal Polygamy Patch, and JRNZLoader
No Plugins and no Skins
06-13-2004 08:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
I think the Universal Polygamy Patch and JRNZLoader conflict with each other from time to time this maybe what's causing your problem...try uninstalling MSN Messenger and reinstall it with only the Mess.be Games Patch and JRNZLoader
Also I do not recommend hacking the main .exe file; however the games patch is totally safe
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-13-2004 08:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
this maybe what's causing your problem...
No it isn't... the only factor that is the same with all these bug-reoprts is that they use Windows 98. Some people without a patched Messenger also still have the bug...

[OFFTOPIC]
quote:
I think the Universal Polygamy Patch and JRNZLoader conflict with each other from time to time...
Either it conflicts or it doesn't :undecided: Anyways, it depends on what polygamy patch you used...
The most popular polygamy patch (from mess.be) is indeed not compatible with JnrzLoader. A proper polygamy patch can be found on http://www.geocities.com/vulturzinc/
For more and very detailed info about all this, go to:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=22...d=216042#pid216042

This post was edited on 06-13-2004 at 12:30 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-13-2004 12:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CaSpA

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
well like I said I used the Universal Polygamy Patch, tho Spybot also just reported back some sorta Spyware or Adware was in the Registry from that Spacific Patch. also only Reason why I use a Polygamy ontop of the JRNZLoader is cuz once I patch the EXE for games, multimsn in JRNZLoader no longer works, but Appear Offline is still good, it did it like this for a long while, tho I'mma Check to see if it's still like that

Edit: ok Drop the Polygamy Patch Cuz I Guess JRNZLoader will now still load MultiMSN with the Games Patch goin on. dunno when that change was made, but it's nice, tho I've only signed in once now an i don't see Garbled Text problems at the moment, but this bug has always been sketchy, i'll report back if I see it happening again

Edit2: Ok while Just messing around 2 check out the 1 poly patch u mentioned above their it told me it was already patch or not patachable, so I ran the Games patch an hit uninstall, went good games patch gone, loaded with the loader an I got the Garbled Text line again, at the moment I'm not sure whats up, but imma do a Clean install an run that without a loader a few times an see what i get

Edit3: Ok Fresh Uninstall Install, No Patches, No Loaders, latest versions everything, Got Garbled Text Right now, tho I noticed that It's more likly 2 happen 2 me when I recieve a Pop3 E-Mail. got it filled under pop3 1 and all is filled except a program 2 launch when the email line is pressed. so now I don't know what 2 blame for this error

This post was edited on 06-13-2004 at 02:10 PM by CaSpA.
06-13-2004 01:44 PM
Lost_Soul

55 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Still Getting Garbled Text on Email Line
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
this maybe what's causing your problem...
No it isn't... the only factor that is the same with all these bug-reoprts is that they use Windows 98. Some people without a patched Messenger also still have the bug...

This also happens on Windows ME systems too :(
[Image: logo.gif]
I've Checked your computer. The Tech problem lies between your keyboard and your chair.
06-15-2004 09:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
tico24

Yup,
I have the same problem too - I have added nothing extra to msn except the newest plus...

Here's my stats:

Windows ME
msn: 6.2.0133
messenger plus: 3.01.94

Hope someone can sort that bug out, its pretty annoying
06-16-2004 01:14 PM
Vazza

– / Female / –
Thought I add my reply since I have the same problem.

MSN Messenger version: 6.1.0211
MsgPlus Version:  3.01.94
No patches or plug-ins installed

Starts occuring when I
1) I change my status to Personalised Status (image provided) after clicking to apply change.
[Image: attachment.php?pid=272592]

2) Opening the messenger window from being minimised in the system tray. I have it to sign it automatically when connected to the net. Lost the image during a freeze of system.

Each problems been occuring on and off for about month now.

.jpg File Attachment: PS Emailthing.jpg (7.97 KB)
This file has been downloaded 282 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-04-2004 at 09:12 PM by Vazza.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7285 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes, 16 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
07-04-2004 09:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: