What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Windows Media Player 10 Technical Beta

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Windows Media Player 10 Technical Beta
Author: Message:
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: Windows Media Player 10 Technical Beta
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Is there only a English version?
probably yes as it is still in beta. New languages are added when the final version will be officially released :).
06-18-2004 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
Well, having tried WMP10 I have to say it is a huge improvement over WMP9.  It uses less resources, easier to use & looks better too.  All it needs is RealMedia & Quicktime native support and it would be the complete solution (pretty much).
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
06-18-2004 09:20 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
The technical beta is lacking a very important feature, the Windows Media Player toolbar for the Start Bar doesn't work. It's so annoying.
[Image: 7.png]
06-19-2004 05:08 AM
s7a5
Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
The new Beta version of Windows Media Player is out for free download now!!!
there is no any new beta version, this version has been released on June 2 :blah!:
06-19-2004 05:47 AM
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
The technical beta is lacking a very important feature, the Windows Media Player toolbar for the Start Bar doesn't work. It's so annoying.

The whatwhat in the whatwhat???

I only used WMP9 for about 2 hours and after that threw it out the window.  Only quibble I have is that I am unable to find the "repeat forever" setting.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
06-19-2004 05:47 AM
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield

It works for me! Just that looks the same as WMP9,

I cannot find a Always On TOP option... can someone help?
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
06-19-2004 06:10 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
I couldn't uninstall it! It tried to roll back, but it didn't work. I had to use system restore. 8-)
[Image: 7.png]
06-19-2004 06:51 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Mmmm... first of all, WMP9 is a very good player and it is stable as well as you take care of all your OS components. I mean, every software crashes in a bad platform, and specially if you have Win98. I never saw WMP9 crash, not for a single time! (I have XP). Secondly, I don't really expect WMP10 to be available for XP only, that would be stupid (it is possible, but not probable). They will surely make it available for other Windows versions on the final release, just like they did with WMP9.
Third, same as WMP9, if you wish to uninstall it, you need to use system restore. This last thing, in my oppinion, sucks too much! Same happened with DirectX (although there are some very little programs that uninstall several directx libraries, which I certainly don't recommend to use).

Anyway, I won't try this one, I will definetely wait for the final release. I don't like the idea of creating a restore point just to test this player.
Can anybody post some screenies please?
06-19-2004 08:31 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Oh, yes! I almost forget! You can play real media and quicktime files too on WMP, just install the Quicktime Alternative and the Real Alternative (only the components you REALLY need, discharge all extra useless components - MPC is great, though). Yes, probably when you try to play these files with WMP it will tell you that it does not recognise the format but just click on YES and VOILA!

I think it's the best, it's useless to install the quicktime player and the awful Real Player to play each format. You just need the "codecs", that's it.

I highly recommend MPC, it uses even less resources than WMP, for those who doesn't really bother on having all the skinny beautiful GUI of WMP. :P

Have a nice day!

PS: I would use Winamp, but it doesn't have a native way to show lyrics saved in the tags. Yeah I know I can install an add on, but I want the feature to be NATIVE, don't wanna install any messy little program on any player just to watch some lyrics! Not big deal.
06-19-2004 08:40 AM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Erm no double posting and http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26617. You should really search the forums for these things.
06-19-2004 08:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: