What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Quick Icons Panel-bug

Quick Icons Panel-bug
Author: Message:
Firestarter

O.P. Quick Icons Panel-bug
Hi,
I added some (190:$) emoticons to my Messenger then selected 'automaticly display custom emoticons in this panel' (panel 2) because I wanted the emoticons in the '(' menu and then I closed my Messenger.
Later I opened it again, started a conversation and typed '(' to get to the quick icons panel. I selected the second panel (F2) where my newly added emoticons should be. What happened is kinda hard to describe, the Messenger skin seemed to disappear and I couldn't see my emoticons, but when I looked into messenger's emoticon menu they were there.
Also Windows behaved strange, but when I closed the Messenger, Windows was okay again, but this thing always happens again when I try to post my emoticons with the '(' menu.
I can't describe that nearly as good as the screenshot and hope you can help me

greetings,
Andy

Windows 98 Second Edition, 4.10.2222 (german)
Messenger Version: 6.2.0133 (german)
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.01.94 (english)

Messenger Plugins:
Polygamy Patch (mess.be)
Custom Games Patch (mess.be)

Plus! Plugins:
StuffPlug
Hopper
Leetificator

.jpg File Attachment: plus!bug2.JPG (51.06 KB)
This file has been downloaded 148 time(s).
06-16-2004 09:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Quick Icons Panel-bug
do you have a slow computer? it seems like if it takes too much time in load them and at the end you can't see them. If you only have few emoticons does that happen too? and have you tried to restart messenger?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-16-2004 09:35 PM
Isis

– / Female / –
Hi there,

I have a similair problem so I will add to this topic.
About 3 weeks ago I have installed the MSN plus! 3 version

Today and yesterday my color nick name dissapeared and now all my downloaded smillies are gone :(
First my smillies were visable but they didn't show in the chats,  the second time they were all gone after using the quike icon panel.

Strange thing is the smillies and color nick name have dissapeard from my laptop and my other PC.  ^o)

PC information:

My system is Windows XP
Intel Pentium III processor
Internet Explorer 6.0
I also use Windows Messenger (but not often)
06-16-2004 10:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Hello,

well, your custom emoticons cant be deleted from your Messenger configuration because of Plus!, that's a sure thing. Now, regarding this bug you mention with the display, it seems to me that it is a resource problem.  Could people who have over 150 custom emoticons post a reply to this thread to tell me if everythings works ok for them or not? the more custom emoticons the better.

Thanks,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
06-16-2004 10:58 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
hello Patchou,
i have over 150 emoticons, 172 to be exact. i have had no problems with them. i can see them all on the menu that comes up when u press "("

This post was edited on 06-16-2004 at 11:24 PM by toddy.
06-16-2004 11:23 PM
glengine

– / Male / –
I had over 1000 emoticons and it seemed to work just fine. But it took some time to make them all appear. (I own a P4 3GHz with 512MB RAM)

That gives me another problem though. If you have more then 1000 icons, the quickbar sets some of the icons out of screen (my resolution = 1024*768) . Isn't there a way to make a scroll bar in that quick-menu?
Anyway i deleted alot of them and now everything seems fine.

Greetz,
glengine

(P.S. to those who wonder where I got that much icons. it was sherv.net but keep adaware ready when extracting the packs. Oh yeah they have automated add-icons for Mess too 100 added in 20 seconds :p, lol no I'm not advertising)
06-17-2004 07:26 AM
Isis

– / Female / –
Roll Eyes  RE: Quick Icons Panel-bug
My apologies, I just realized what must have happend. Couple of days ago I have changed the login passwords and accounts. It must have effected the settings of the Quick Icon Panels because others here had the same problem (their emoticons have dissapeared as well.) Quite embarrasing I say :|
06-17-2004 10:50 AM
Firestarter

O.P. RE: Quick Icons Panel-bug
hmm... tried it again with 40 emoticons and it still happens but it could also be my computer not plus! cause when I tried to make the screenshot it said that there is not enough virtual memory availabe to create or show the grafic but there were no other running programs exept messenger, i looked into the ctrl+alt+del menu.

(667 MHz, Virtual memory: 256 MB)

.png File Attachment: bug.PNG (45.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 138 time(s).
06-17-2004 07:52 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Firestarter
there were no other running programs exept messenger, i looked into the ctrl+alt+del menu.
in Windows 98 there may be programs that are running and aren't shown in that list.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-17-2004 11:33 PM
dwergs

+300 emoticons. No probs on a AMD Athlon XP2800+ with 512MB RAM, Windows XP, MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and Plus 3.01.94.
Hi, I'm dwergs. You might remember me from sites such as Mess with MSN Messenger and dwergs says.
06-18-2004 01:25 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: