What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list

the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list
Author: Message:
lorraine - FRANCE

O.P. the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list
hello,

can someone help me please :

in "tool" and "option" we have the possiblity the appear to our friends with the name we want and we can change this name endlessly.

my problem is that i will not appear anymore on my friends list with the name i chosen but either as my email address or my ex name i wrote before this one i have now.

they looked at "plus !" and set everything to make me appear with the name i want, why cant they still see my today name ?.

thank you ever so much for your help.

lorraine
06-16-2004 07:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list
Make sure that your firstly have all latest versions of Messenger and Messenger Plus!. Secondly, it's possible that your frind do have Custom nicknames enables and a nickname set for you, in this way, they wouldn't be able to see your new nicknames. Tell them to uncheck that option in their Messenger Plus!
06-16-2004 08:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lorraine - FRANCE

O.P. RE: the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list
hello

he has unchecked : "display custom contact name "view by name" but still i appear with my old nickname. once we tried to erase our email address an invite each other again, well we both then saw our actual nickname, we tried to change it again but still the previous one appears.

our version of msn is 6.2 (6.2.0133)
plus ! 3.1.94

i guess there is a bug but we dont know how to fix it. it's really annoying coz i used to use this nickname to giev an off line message to him.

thanx for your help anyway.

lorraine
06-16-2004 08:41 AM
Mushroom_Man

That crazy guy

RE: the name that describe myself as "surname" will not appear on my friends list
Though I can't help you with your problem, i have to make the point that your contact wouldn't get your new name until you're both online anyway, making it pretty much useless for offline messages...
06-17-2004 07:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: