What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » E-Mail Forwarding

E-Mail Forwarding
Author: Message:
tbone2584

39 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  E-Mail Forwarding
I dont even know if this is possible but hopefully somebody can help me. I read in another post of someone having all their e-mails forwarded to to their GMail. I was wondering how this is done. Like if somebody was to send me something to my hotmail account, how can I set it up (if possible) to go directly to my GMail account without myself having to do anything...and for that matter, how could i do it for any other e-mail like my school e-mail? I hope this makes sense. Thanks. :banana:
06-24-2004 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: E-Mail Forwarding
You can use GetMail for this. You can get it at http://www.e-eeasy.com/GetMail.aspx. The only thing you have to do is press "Check for new mail..." now and then because it doesn't do it automatically. Your mail also remains at the hotmail server.
06-24-2004 06:31 PM
tbone2584

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: E-Mail Forwarding
Thanks Kryptonate. I was thinking of something more along the lines of not downloading something. Like you know in Hotmail how you can have filters to sort incoming mail into specified folders? Well is there some way to automatically send incoming mail directly to my GMail? I guess not *-)
06-24-2004 06:42 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
no, Gmail isn't out thet very long yet and I haven't heard of anything like that. Srry
06-24-2004 06:43 PM
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by tbone2584
Thanks Kryptonate. I was thinking of something more along the lines of not downloading something. Like you know in Hotmail how you can have filters to sort incoming mail into specified folders? Well is there some way to automatically send incoming mail directly to my GMail? I guess not *-)

hotmail doesn't allow automatic email forwarding. they want people to use their interface so they see the ads. and if there were, it would show up as if from you, not the person who sent it. the program displays it from the person who sent it originally

but that program works very well. just put ur Gmail address in the "Foreward To:" field...

This post was edited on 06-24-2004 at 06:47 PM by bach_m.
06-24-2004 06:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: