What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Default signing in

Default signing in
Author: Message:
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
O.P. Default signing in
I have windows messenger on my computer and it always signs me in before Msn Plus! does, if i take off remember password on the default windows messenger it takes it off on the other one, i dont want to delete the default messenger, is there any other way to stop it from signing in?
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
06-24-2004 02:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Default signing in
quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
I have windows messenger on my computer and it always signs me in before Msn Plus! does, if i take off remember password on the default windows messenger it takes it off on the other one, i dont want to delete the default messenger, is there any other way to stop it from signing in?

Well first off, Windows Messenger can NOT be deleted...secondly, thi shappens to my friend too, and if you don't use Windows Messenger I suggest you just go to the sign-in options and change the default to the "Communications Service" one.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
06-24-2004 02:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Bad advice Montana. azn angel you can Uninstall Windows Messenger but it is not highly recommended. Parts of Windows actually use parts from Windows Messenger. Remote Assisstance for instance. Now you can disable Windows Messenger (just search the forums, I dont have a link on hand for it.) Or you can open Windows Messenger (Doesn't matter if it is signed in or not, Click Tools > Options > click Prferences tab > Uncheck Run this program when Windows Starts. This will prevent it from opening up with windows but if a Plus! Plugin needs to use the Messenger Api it will open the EXE.

here is the link to disable messenger
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/MessengerDisable.zip

This post was edited on 06-24-2004 at 03:55 AM by matty.
06-24-2004 03:54 AM
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Default signing in
quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
, I dont have a link on hand for it.) Or you can open Windows Messenger (Doesn't matter if it is signed in or not, Click Tools > Options > click Prferences tab > Uncheck Run this program when Windows Starts. This will prevent it from opening up with windows but if a Plus! Plugin needs to use the Messenger Api it will open the EXE.

Still it still keeps signing me in : \ and i dont think i have a plug in that uses it, unless handwriting needs it, which i very much  doubt
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
06-26-2004 05:32 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Screen Shot Sender 3 needs it, what plugins do you have?

In a convo window you can type (!PVER) and it will tell you all the ones you have
06-26-2004 01:06 PM
azn angel

rawr

– / Female / –
O.P. RE: Default signing in
oops, i unticked the wrong thing, its stopped now, thanks:D
TREKIE IS MY HOMEBOY <3
06-28-2004 05:19 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode