What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Help
Author: Message:
I hate MSG Plus!

O.P. Help
After I installed the stupid, idiotic MSG Plus program, that contains loads of spyware, I have gotten loads of computer problems.

First, when I started my computer, Internet didn't work.
Then I uninstalled MSG Plus and restarted my computer, and Internet still didn't work. Then I found a problem with my firewall (it didn't start up when I chose to start it up). So I uninstalled my firewall. And when I did that, Internet seemed to work just fine. Then i decided to reinstall the firewall, but then, Internet still didn't work. So I uninstalled it again. And I also have problems with Internet Explorer. The blue idiotic search bar that came in Internet Explorer made it go crazy too.
So I would appreaciate it if any of you out there now what do do about this?

By the way, all these problems came after I installed the stupid MSG Plus! It also runs weird processes on my computer with names like "meal free.exe" and other silly names that is just as silly as MSG Plus.

So MSG Plus! totaly have screwed up my computer. I tried to look for help at the live chat, but they didn't know what to do and just said I was an idiot. Very nice service.

Anyone know what to do?

(N)MSG Plus! SUX!(N)
06-25-2004 12:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Help
Hi I hate MSG Plus!,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-25-2004 12:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
It seems you accidentally did not read the Sponsor agreement and agreed it intentionally. You should be more careful.

Search the forums for a solution. :)

This post was edited on 06-25-2004 at 12:53 PM by Fraisie.
06-25-2004 12:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
I hate MSG Plus!

O.P. RE: Help
Anubis: I've now did what you told me to, but I still have the same problem with the firewall that screws up my Internet and other things due to that I installed MSG Plus! Removing it the way you said, doesn't seem to help, and I still suspect that my computer still has some spyware left after MSG Plus! that screws up my firewall...I paid for that firewall and now it's destroyed thanx to MSG Plus!
06-25-2004 01:01 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
Hello, I hate MSG Plus!, and welcome to the forums.

To remove the sponsor of Plus, follow exactly as it's said the steps listed in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598 .

To be sure you don't have any other ad/spyware programs left in your system do this: Once you've uninstalled the sponsor of plus (doing the steps of that thread), use some tool like AdAware to remove it.

About the firewall, are you sure you've configured it properly? Maybe you have set very restrictive rules that makes your IE unable to connect to the Internet.

Feel free to ask whatever you don't understand. :)

quote:
Originally posted by I hate MSG Plus!
they didn't know what to do and just said I was an idiot
I don't think anyone said you're an idiot.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-25-2004 01:16 PM
I hate MSG Plus!

Well, the firewall got screwed up when I installed MSG Plus, so I know that MSG Plus is the problem...And Ad-Aware doesn't find any spyware on my computer, but processes such as "meal free.exe" is still running...
06-25-2004 07:26 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Which firewall is it that you are using?

Try doing this
Turn off your computer and turn it back on. Now when you press the power button to turn it back on immediatly start tapping the F8 key on your keyboard.

This will bring you to a Startup Menu.
Select Safe Mode form the list
     > If you are running Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server you will be asked to select your Operating System, Select it from the list.

Once your computer boots up (If running 2000/XP/2003)
      > You will be asked to select your User Account - Select the one you mainly use.

Once your desktop is loaded up click on Start > Run > type msconfig and click ok

Click the startup tab at the top then click the Disable All button. (I suggest going through this list and putting a check mark beside Your Firewall, as well as Messenger Plus! if its still installed, the reason for this is to prove that Messenger Plus! is not the cause of your problems.)

This post was edited on 06-25-2004 at 07:50 PM by matty.
06-25-2004 07:28 PM
I hate MSG Plus!

I'm using Norton Personal Firewall 2003. I have uninstalled MSG Plus so I can't check that now...I don't think I want to install it again.
06-27-2004 05:17 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
you could install it aga REFUSING the OPTIONAL sponsor, this way you would see that no other *crap* is installed along with Plus!.
06-27-2004 05:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
on norton main window go on personal firewall then programs then it should list what programs u have allowed/blocked from getting internet access.
check all the programs that u have blocked 2 make sure u havent blocked Internet Explorer ;)
06-27-2004 05:50 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: