What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Pop Trouble

Pop Trouble
Author: Message:
Glolow

Ride low or don't ride!!!

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Pop Trouble
I have Plus! on my two computers at home and the one I use at work.  The two at home are on a cable ISP and I have no trouble getting the POP checker to work with my home address.  I do however have a problem with my work POP checker.

My address is different, and the ISP is ADSL.  I've set it up the way it should be (e-mail, pop.isp.--, user, password) but everytime it checks it tries to dial out through a phone modem.  It also shares a connection with another computer  through a standard home network system via a hub.  I'm not sure what the three numbers beside the POP address are, but by default it's 110.  Could this be the cause of my grief?

Thanks for the time.
From where we come is to where we shall return
06-25-2004 07:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Pop Trouble
quote:
Originally posted by Glolow
but by default it's 110.  Could this be the cause of my grief?
I don't think so. Those numbers are the default and should be 110 for 99.99999999% POP servers. Don't change them unless you really know what you're doing.

quote:
My address is different
does that address allow the pop3? I mean, not all the email addresses can be checked with the POP3 checker. If that address has been given to you by your ISP it's very probably that you can access it with POP3 but you should check that.
quote:
but everytime it checks it tries to dial out through a phone modem.
that problem seems to me this: You have your Windows configured in a way that connections to that address (i mean domain (pop.isp.---) not email address) has to be done through a modem after dialing up.

In a browser, type the address pop.isp.--- and if it tries to dialup the problem is with Windows. Review IE and Windows' internet connections options. There may be something wrong.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-26-2004 12:36 AM
Glolow

Ride low or don't ride!!!

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Pop Trouble
Yeah, it's a POP3, I use Outlook to access it now using the POP server.  I think the computer's are the reason my hair line's receading :P
From where we come is to where we shall return
06-26-2004 03:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: