What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Bolt Intra - Search bar

Bolt Intra - Search bar
Author: Message:
WLM Oblivion

O.P. Bolt Intra - Search bar
I just got MSG Plus and i love the features. There is just one thing that annoys me. That Bolt Intra bar which appears in you I Explorer. :@ Is there any way to remove it permanently... or could you please make a plugin to remove it. It really goes on my nerves.
06-28-2004 12:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Bolt Intra - Search bar
Hi WLM Oblivion,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-28-2004 12:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WLM Oblivion

O.P. RE: Bolt Intra - Search bar
Hey Anubis

I am pretty sure that i didn't accept the sponsor program... but i'll try to reinstall... thanks :)
06-28-2004 02:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
It's great when people are nice about the sponsor program, rather than leaping into the deep end shouting 'Spyware' and such s***.

Glad to welcome you to the forums, WLM Oblivion. Enjoy your stay!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-29-2004 07:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WLM Oblivion
but i'll try to reinstall.
You have to uninstall first remember...;) and don't forget to reinstall with the sponsor program first if you've messed around with files, the registry or spyware removal tools...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
It's great when people are nice about the sponsor program, rather than leaping into the deep end shouting 'Spyware' and such s***.
Indeed it is...makes our jobs a lot easier as well :)
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-29-2004 07:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
weirdal27

Mostly Harmless

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by WLM Oblivion

I am pretty sure that i didn't accept the sponsor program...

If you did not accept the sponsor then it isn't messenger plus that put that there
changes are that you accidentally did it though ;)

heck, every time i install plus i click "I accept" then i remember on the next window that that was the sponsor :P
[Image: weirdal27.png?t=1091467250]
06-29-2004 07:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
every time i install plus i click "I accept" then i remember on the next window that that was the sponsor
Less haste, more speed...
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-29-2004 07:52 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: