What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [bug] OpenConvo

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
[bug] OpenConvo
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. [bug] OpenConvo
Hi there, Wouter ;)

I know you're very busy (with Song2Nick and all), but I wanna ask this nevertheless :p

Since I upgraded to messenger 6.2 and Plus 3, the OpenConvo doesn't work anymore.

That is to say, the very first time I (re)install it, it works fine:
the plugin gets loaded and in turn the exe is executed...

But after that (restart messenger) the execution of the exe always gives me the following Windows error:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=269983]

When I remove the plugin and unregister it, and remove the values in the registry (from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins and HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\*msnlogin*\Preferences\Plugins), and I reinstall the plugin, it works fine again for the first time it is executed...

I suspected it had something todo with ntdll.dll, but after some replacements of it (and registered it again, etc..., etc...) still no result... Always the same error.

Any more ideas what this can be? Or any suggestions?
Can you (or someone else?) attach your ntdll.dll to a reply so I can try that one out.

My current ntdll.dll:
Size: 675328 bytes
Checksum: 0xA8CBAD70
Version: 5.1.2600.1217 (xpsp2.030429-2131)
Linkdate: 05/01/2003 23:59:18
Language: Nederlands (Nederland) [0x413]

.gif File Attachment: error.gif (23.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 773 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-29-2004 at 09:43 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2004 09:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wouter

38 / Male / –
RE: [bug] OpenConvo
i drop by on IRC hold on
[Image: 1497.jpg]      [Image: qbase.jpg]
06-29-2004 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pete_M

I had the exact same error report and started a topic
about it earlier. Would love to know why it suddenly doesn't work.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=27705
07-01-2004 11:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [bug] OpenConvo
I totaly forgot about that thread... :D

Anyways, it is/was a problem with OpenConvo itself, not with the Windows DLL. Wouter has send me an updated exe that seems to work correct again.

He said to me that he's going to release an update soon, including an installer, so let's wait for that...

All I can say about it, is that it works again very nicely. (Although, personaly, I liked the older toast-display (plus-toasts) better then the current fading one). Anyways, thx again Wouter...

This post was edited on 07-01-2004 at 11:52 PM by CookieRevised.
07-01-2004 11:51 PM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
Openconvo is the best plug-in in its category but I don't like the need to load exe in memory (I have too processes in memory yet) ... is it still needed in this new version?
sorry, I'm not a programmer but I don't understand why other plug-ins with the same function (like stuffplug-NG) doesn't need a running exe in memory to work and this one does.
07-02-2004 09:05 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(Although, personaly, I liked the older toast-display (plus-toasts) better then the current fading one)
I think you can disable some features in XP to disable the fade in-fade out... :S
Or you can delete the entry "SetLayeredWindowAttributes" in your user32.dll ...
Thats the API wouter use to make the window transparent.
He uses another two but SetLayeredWindowAttributes is the one that does all the job.
But i dont know how to remove that function :D
That's how the plugin is programmed now (according to you). It's not up to me to change any "settings" (read: break down/hack things) in my Windows and render other programs' functions useless in the process, that's absurd.

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
Openconvo is the best plug-in in its category but I don't like the need to load exe in memory (I have too processes in memory yet) ... is it still needed in this new version?
sorry, I'm not a programmer but I don't understand why other plug-ins with the same function (like stuffplug-NG) doesn't need a running exe in memory to work and this one does.
Yes it is still needed, because it is programmed that way.... Wouter has taken this particular approach. There is nothing wrong with the exe and it doesn't take up much memory. If everything would be in the DLL, it probarly would take up as much memory as now....

This post was edited on 07-02-2004 at 09:38 AM by CookieRevised.
07-02-2004 09:37 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

quote:
Yes it is still needed, because it is programmed that way.... Wouter has taken this particular approach. There is nothing wrong with the exe and it doesn't take up much memory. If everything would be in the DLL, it probarly would take up as much memory as now....

Memory is not the problem, I don't like this solution because I guess it works like msgplus so I need to put openconvo.exe in windows autorun and exe will stay in memory after I close messenger...
just this, plugin is very very useful anyway :)
07-02-2004 10:11 AM
Wouter

38 / Male / –
no the exe will be closed when msn is closed at least in the new version it does I will make the installer and the normalll popup :P
today so hold on :)
[Image: 1497.jpg]      [Image: qbase.jpg]
07-02-2004 10:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Memory is not the problem, I don't like this solution because I guess it works like msgplus so I need to put openconvo.exe in windows autorun and exe will stay in memory after I close messenger...
quote:
Originally posted by Wouter
no the exe will be closed when msn is closed at least in the new version it does I will make the installer and the normalll popup today
Also, you don't need to put the exe in autorun; the exe is part of the plugin and the plugin's dll will start the exe...
07-02-2004 11:37 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Will the new version be compatible with MSN 6.1.0211 and Plus! 3? I used OpenConvo with 6.1.0211 and Plus! 2 and it worked, but now it stopped working. An incompatibility with Plus! 3?
[Image: 7.png]
07-02-2004 12:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: