What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Message Received Sounds

Message Received Sounds
Author: Message:
Capdown

O.P. Happy  Message Received Sounds
Hi!

I've had MSN Plus for a while now (And a few plug ins) And its rather fantasmic!

But theres one problem!

I have custom sounds for a few contacts siqning in and out (such as 12 second inflames solo's i edited ;)) And even for notifications a nice little 1/2 second drum roll..

But i want a capdown drumroll (lasting 2 seconds max) when i receive a message - but i can't find the option ANYWHERE.

I really dispise the default noise, and would really like the small custom sound... As i said, i've looked in preferances and i can't find it, nor in the default msn options.

Surely there is a way/this is a popular option? If i can get custom notification sounds i'd have thought i could receive "message received" custom sounds..

Please help if you can! :)

Thanks in advance,

Jack!
06-30-2004 12:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Message Received Sounds
You can change the sounds on message received for all contacts, it's a general MSN Messenger option. If you have the sound, go to Tools > Options and click the Sounds button on the General tab.

Then you can specify sounds in Windows. There's also a MSN Messenger section, where you can specify the sound when a contacts types a message :)
06-30-2004 12:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Capdown

O.P. RE: Message Received Sounds
It worked, hoorah!

Thanks very much, you are a dude! :D
06-30-2004 01:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend