What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn totally messed up, multiple problems

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
msn totally messed up, multiple problems
Author: Message:
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  msn totally messed up, multiple problems
It started when msn didn't logged in, it kept trying for 10 minutes before i cancelled. The second time i tried i got the usual 0x000132423423 like error. I rebooted my computer and started msn again. This time (after 2 minutes) it finally logged in, but half my contact list was gone and only one person was online (which is very unusual) + i got around 20 new spanish sounding contacts in my list of people i never heard of :S

i deinstalled msn (6.2) and msn plus (3.00) and i redownloaded both programs, making sure i got the newest version.

after installing logging in didnt work, after trying again finally it worked. but when i logged in later the spanish thing happened again, this time with noone online.

i deinstalled everything again, erased all msn leftovers in de hidden documents and settings map, i runned adaware 6, spybot search and destroy, spychecker, and zonealarm 5 virusscanner and i updated all these programs before using them.

it didn't work. i really don't know what happened. I did not install any programs the last few days and i did not change any settings in windows or internet explorer and i don't have any new hardware recently.

sometimes if people are online i can chat with them, and people who have me in their list can see me (tested with my sisters account and some people talked to me while they were not in my list anymore) Everytime i log in the amount of people i lose differs, and they randomly come back the next time i log in. The last time i tried everyone off my contacts were gone and i only got spanish like people in my list.

and the strange people in my list are always offline

a desperate msn (plus) user
07-01-2004 06:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
Wout, i have heard bout the strange ppl beeing added in contactlist an contacts vanishing before in IRC...i don't know whats going on....that person claimed it was caused by msg plus! (wich i doubt) cuz it happend rite after she installed that (an yes she got it from msgplus.net).. Me too would like ta know what is going on (i keep saving my contactslist just in case).

Please uninstall plus completely (including settings), reboot then reinstall, also i advice to change ur password, delete an block all strangers from ur contactlist an import a previous saved contactlist.

Also could u please provide us with a list of plugins u installed, it mite help us find out what is causing all this. Ohh uhh another question: are u using or have u used MyCustomNiX?

This post was edited on 07-01-2004 at 07:01 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-01-2004 06:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
i have installed the following plug-ins:

the handwriting plug in for plus
rdm speech for msn plus

i installed both plug ins more then a month ago so i doubt they got anything to do with this.

the last time i succeeded to sign in my contact list seemed to be complete, but msn said my sister was offline, while she actually was online (on the computer in the room next to mine) and she could talk to me.

i seriously doubt if i got hacked, because people get back in my list and get deleted everytime i sign in and out, and it cant explain why people who are online are offline for me (or there must be one giant complot with people hacking me together and blocking me :P but this is almost impossible because most of them dont know eachother)

and importing a backup is useless because next time i sign in everyone is gone again, or they are back again... but luckilly i just updated my back up a week before all this happened :D
07-01-2004 07:05 PM
Freggle

I think it is server side.

Other people that had it also pointed out that the problem vanished after some time.

Just wait or contact MSN so they can look after it with following url.

http://support.msn.com/contactus_emailsupport.asp...ENGER&ct=eformfree

If you get a reply or it vanishes let me know since I'm interested in what could be wrong here.

This post was edited on 07-01-2004 at 08:36 PM by Freggle.
http://www.msn-problems.com MSN Messenger Errors and Problems Explained
07-01-2004 08:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
wout

– / Male / –
I've contacted msn with your link, i will let you people know when (and if) they answer.

And i've never heard of the MyCustomNiX plug in, i do not use it and never have. Does it causes problems more often or something?

edit: the last few times i logged in everything seemed to be okay, atlhough i didn't change anything. I guess msn fixed it :)

This post was edited on 07-02-2004 at 12:51 PM by wout.
07-02-2004 10:43 AM
Pappapishu

Supreme god of unknown and vegetable

39 / Male / –
i have the same problem....half my contacts dissapear and are replaced by arabs! and many of my instant messages dont arive to mu contacts
07-02-2004 10:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
I had the same problem for 2 days did evrything like said here uninstalled and installed everything back
changed my password

now i just can't log on to my msn messenger (no its not a password error )

havent used messenger since two days

Just found out on http://messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx     8o|

there is a problem with the messenger server (dnt know which 1, but is where my acc is for sure :( )

it says
Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 7/2/2004 4:06:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

This post was edited on 07-03-2004 at 12:57 AM by MessEnGer.
07-03-2004 12:54 AM
wout

– / Male / –
i have the same problem now too, can't sign in because the .net server is temporarily online. But this time my sister is experiencing the same problem.

btw i did not have got a reply from the msn support yet
07-03-2004 12:29 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Wout, i have heard bout the strange ppl beeing added in contactlist an contacts vanishing before in IRC...i don't know whats going on....that person claimed it was caused by msg plus! (wich i doubt) cuz it happend rite after she installed that (an yes she got it from msgplus.net).. Me too would like ta know what is going on (i keep saving my contactslist just in case).

Please uninstall plus completely (including settings), reboot then reinstall, also i advice to change ur password, delete an block all strangers from ur contactlist an import a previous saved contactlist.

Also could u please provide us with a list of plugins u installed, it mite help us find out what is causing all this. Ohh uhh another question: are u using or have u used MyCustomNiX?
it's a problem with the servers of MSN, this should be solved soon. It has got nothing to do with Plus!.
07-03-2004 12:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
RE: RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
quote:
Originally posted by wout
i have the same problem now too, can't sign in because the .net server is temporarily online. But this time my sister is experiencing the same problem.

btw i did not have got a reply from the msn support yet

Hey i dnt know if i can post this or not srry if i break ne rules

but there is a temprorary solution to msn messenger not signing in either just forget about it till comes back on and relax fromt the hectic  schedules and timings to talk to ppl . lol

or download any other client for messenger stuff like jabber or there is this intergrity messenger on the net or trillian (no offence to the developers but i dnt really like any of these but have to use them till messenger comes back on...

yes u can sign in on to ur messenger serverice using these clients ...

so use it temprorarily for those like me who are having problems signing in....

but still msn messenger rocks :)

with msgplus for sure (H)

07-03-2004 05:21 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: