What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn totally messed up, multiple problems

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
msn totally messed up, multiple problems
Author: Message:
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Undecided  RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
How would that be breaking any rules? I am having the same problem and have had it for weeks now. At any moment I'm gonna start getting withdrawal symptoms! If I actually can sign in, my first few messages don't get through and then random ones don't get through until I am finally signed out after about 2 minutes. I'm going to have to start.......... talking to people! :o

This post was edited on 07-03-2004 at 06:49 PM by ayjay.
07-03-2004 06:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
akunin

39 / Male / –
RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
hey i have the same kind of problem
2 or 3 days ago i started to have problems to log, and yesterday i had got a message from a spanish person in a conversation window, and now i can't sign in with msn, but trillian can connect and msn on my brother's computer can sign in too.
but what the fuck are the spanish preparing??
07-04-2004 12:38 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28099&page=2

here go here i had the same problem got solved it doing wht matty said so follow it

have fun

mess the world
07-05-2004 12:00 PM
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: msn totally messed up, multiple problems
everyting works fine now, but i promised to tell when msn support send a reply. The reply is in dutch but i will make a short summary of what was in the letter.

first they offcourse told me about all the standard procedures about checking your password again and have all the updates available, etc. etc.

then they tell about my problem and that they also discovered it. The problem is passed through to technical support and we advice to try again in 24 hours. But they are not sure at what exact date and time the problem will be fixed. Furthermore they apoligize and they are working on it.

for the dutch the most important piece of the email:

We hebben het probleem dat je beschreef ook zelf vast kunnen stellen en
het probleem voor onderzoek doorgegeven aan onze afdeling voor
technische ondersteuning. We vermoeden dat dit een tijdelijk probleem is
en willen je vragen om het over 24 uur opnieuw te proberen.
Je feedback is erg belangrijk voor ons en we evalueren feedback
voortdurend om vast te stellen welke verbeteringen en toekomstige
releases belangrijker zijn.
Wij van de klantenservice doen er alles aan om je de best mogelijke
service te bieden en om al je vragen te beantwoorden zover we kunnen.
Helaas kunnen we je geen specifieke datums doorgeven waarop wijzigingen
zullen plaatsvinden zolang de productgroep nog bezig is met het
probleem.
We doen er alles aan om Messenger te verbeteren en om beter in je
behoeften te voorzien.

I have to say im pretty happy about the way they handled, this i half expected an automated message about updating my software and checking my internet connection.
07-06-2004 05:58 PM
MessEnGer

mess the world

40 / Male / –
Reply from msn i received when reported about the problem :

Thank you for writing to MSN Messenger.

We apologize for the delay in answering your email. We normally respond within 24 hours. However we have received an unusually large number of messages recently.

This is ****  and I will be assisting you regarding your issue signing-in to the service. I understand how inconvenient this can be and I apologize.

After carefully evaluating your issue, I found the following reasons to be causing this:

1. Your computer may have third-party firewall software, which prevents your computer from connecting to MSN Messenger servers. Please make sure that the firewall software is set to allow MSN Messenger to operate. For information, please consult the firewall software manufacturer. Or if you are unsure how to do this, I suggest that you check for firewall or filtering software that may be installed in your system. Here's how:

a. Look in the notification area or on the desktop for an icon that represents a firewall or filtering program. If necessary, hover the cursor over each icon in the notification area and read the tool tip to determine if it represents firewall or filtering software. Right-click the icon, and then click Disable. If Disable is not available, click Exit.
*Some of the most popular firewall programs are:
a. Norton Internet Security
b. McAfee Personal Firewall
c. Freedom Firewall
d. Black Ice Defender
e. Zone Alarm
b. Check for installed firewall or filtering software in Add and Remove Programs. To uninstall the firewall, follow the steps below:
1. Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Click Change or Remove Programs.
4. Click the program you want to remove.
5. Click Change/Remove.
6. Click OK.

2. Your computer may not have the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 6 SP1). The latest version of MSN Messenger makes use of the new security features incorporated in Microsoft Internet Explorer. For the best experience when using MSN Messenger, please install or update Internet Explorer to the latest version. Do this even if you are not using Internet Explorer as your default Internet browser.

a. To check if you have the latest Internet Explorer, please:
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. Click on “Help”.
3. Click “About Internet Explorer”.
4. Look at the version number located beneath the “Microsoft Internet Explorer” logo. The version should be 6.0.2800.1106.
b. If you do not have the latest Internet Explorer, you can download this for free by:
1. Go to http://microsoft.com/windows/ie/.
2. Click “Download now”.

3. Your Internet Explorer's security settings may be set too high, preventing your computer from connecting to MSN Messenger servers. To lower these settings, please:
a. Start Internet Explorer.
b. Click “Tools”.
c. Click “Internet Options”.
d. Click “Advanced” tab.
e. Go to “Security” section.
f. Make sure “Check for server certificate revocation (requires restart)” is not checked. If it is, click on the box to uncheck it.
g. Make sure “Use SSL 2.0” and “Use SSL 3.0” are checked. If it is not, click on the boxes to check it.
h. Click “OK” to end.

4. Your computer’s proxy settings may be incorrect. Proxy settings allow your computer to communicate with the Internet. Please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your network administrator for the correct proxy server and port numbers.

a. If you have the proxy server and port numbers, please:
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. Click “Tools”.
3. Click “Internet Options”.
4. Click “Connections” tab.
5. Click “LAN Settings”.
6. Make sure “Automatically detect settings” is not checked. If it is, click on the box to uncheck it.
7. Make sure “Use a proxy server for your LAN …” is checked. If it is not, click on the box to check it.
8. Type the proxy server number on the box beside “Address:”.
9. Type the port number on the box beside “Port:”.
10. Click “OK”.
11. Click “OK” again to end.

b. If your Internet connection does not require you to connect via a proxy server, it is recommended that you clear out this setting in the “Connections” tab of MSN Messenger. To do so, please:
1. Start MSN Messenger.
2. Go to “Tools”.
3. Click “Options”.
4. Go to “Connection” tab.
5. Make sure "I use a proxy server" is not checked. If it is, click on the box to uncheck
6. Click “OK”.
7. Click “OK” again to end.

Abhinav, thank you for your time and cooperation in resolving your issue with us. Do let us know if you have other inquiries about MSN Messenger.

You may also visit http://messenger.msn.com/Help/ for additional online help.

Sincerely,

MSN Messenger Support

This post was edited on 07-07-2004 at 05:07 AM by MessEnGer.
07-07-2004 05:03 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: