What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » deleting accounts doesn't work

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
deleting accounts doesn't work
Author: Message:
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. deleting accounts doesn't work
You probably know everytime someone logs in to msn on your computer it saves the account for later, but i have a big list by now and i wanted to delete them. So i searched the internet and this board how to and found out you had to go to control panel, user accounts etc... when i get to the list off people you can select them and then you can click the button delete, but nothing happens?! i tried several times and also when msn is not running, and the accounts are still there.

Anyone knows what i am doing wrong?
07-03-2004 11:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Deleting credentials in Windows XP
  • See method C for a solution for the Dutch Windows XP users.
    The methods A and B will not work if you use a Dutch Windows XP version, because that one contains a bug there; the Remove button won't work.

• All other XP users should use method A or B!!!

• To remove only the associated and remembered password in MSN Messenger, you only need to remove the entry ".NET Passport"

Method A
  • Go to the Windows Control Panel
  • Choose User Accounts
  • Click on your user name
  • On the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click Manage my Network Passwords.
  • Now remove the ones you don't want from the list by selecting them and clicking on Remove.
Same method discribed with pictures here: http://messenger.jonathankay.com/allsteps.aspx?ID=2

Method B
  • Go to the Windows Start menu.
  • Select Run and type control userpasswords2 and hit enter.
  • Select the Advanced tab.
  • Click on the Password Control button.
  • Now remove the ones you don't want from the list by selecting them and clicking on Remove.
Method C
This method should not be used by people other then the ones who have a Dutch Windows XP.
  • Delete the folder (these folders might be hidden):
    C:\Documents and Settings\<your windows username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials
    and/or
    C:\Documents and Settings\<your windows username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials

• After that, reboot...
Although it may work, be very carefull that you don't delete anything else!

Also note that by deleting this folder(s) you're not only deleting the .NET Passport and password associated with your account, but also the other .NET Passports you have used in the past or are still using.

Notes

EDIT: This was an old post and is edited to be used as a reference, thus it may not fit anymore in the threads' logic order...

This post was edited on 03-19-2005 at 04:18 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-03-2004 11:24 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: deleting accounts doesn't work
wout, it appears that you come from Netherlands, so if you are using a Dutch Windows, the instructions in the page just won't do anything :)
07-03-2004 11:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Instructions on how to remove it then are also given in the same thread CookieRevised linked to: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21...d=266643#pid266643 :)
07-03-2004 11:56 AM
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: deleting accounts doesn't work
hmm i should have find that thread myself, sorry for spamming the board with this double topic.

but even the instructions for the dutch version do not work, i deleted the credentials folder but the dropdown list is still there :S I looked for other credential folders in the all users and default user map but they do not contain such a folder.

i am sure i deleted the credential folder but i don't dare to expiriment too much with deleting other folders in the microsoft folder because i don't know what could happen.

or should i continue my question in the other thread?
07-03-2004 12:24 PM
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
You have to reboot before it will have any effect :).
07-03-2004 12:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wout

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: deleting accounts doesn't work
ah, it works now, thanks :)
07-03-2004 12:49 PM
sharonnekeeeee

Undecided  RE: deleting accounts doesn't work
even that didn't work for me :S no of those methods works :S please help!
I'm desperate
xXx Sharon

hello???? please :S my problem is that i appearantly don't have a map with application data or i just don't know what it is in dutch maybe :$ pleaaase help me

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 03:45 PM by WDZ.
03-17-2005 03:15 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
sharonnekeeeee:
You have to show the hidden folders/files too to be able to see that folder. To do that go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, then in the menu click on extra (in dutch, might be called tools in english) > options (mapopties) > displaytab (weergavetab), under advanced settings (geavanceerde instellingen) scroll down to "hidden folders and files" (verborgen bestanden en mappen) and check "show hidden files and folders" (verborgen mappen en bestanden weergeven).

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 03:39 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-17-2005 03:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
sharonnekeeeee

ok first of all thank u sooooo much for telling me how to show my hidden folders. but now i did everything it said i deleted the folder and i still have the problem... or should i first shut down my computer?
xXx Sharon

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 03:51 PM by sharonnekeeeee.
03-17-2005 03:44 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: