What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
Author: Message:
federicoanelli

O.P. Huh?  ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL'' error message appears when I try to open msn. It started appearing after I downloaded a program named ''Spy Msn Messenger''. This was what I did:
1) Uninstalled that program and run msn. The message still appeared.
2) Uninstalled MSN 6.2 and installed it again. The message still appeared.
3) Removed msn completely from my computer and downloaded and installed it again. The message still appeared.
4) Downloaded the missing .dll file, msimg32.dll, and copied it into C:/WINDOWS/System and C:/WINDOWS/System32. The message still appeared.
5) Removed Msn 6.2 and Msn Plus! 3. Msn Plus! 3 won't get off.
6) Installed MSN 6.2 again, removed MSN PLUS! 3 and later removed Msn 6.2. Later, downloaded and installed it all again. The message still appeared.

What can I do now?
07-04-2004 03:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
Firstly, it's Messenger Plus!, not MSN Plus!.

Secondly, the dll should be placed in C:\WINDOWS\system32 like you did and it should work. Reboot your computer and try again.
07-04-2004 10:26 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
and thirdly stop downloading stupid msn things that you think u will be able to hack peoples account with
07-04-2004 10:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
federicoanelli

O.P. RE: ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
it wasn't for hacking anyones account.....
07-04-2004 05:01 PM
federicoanelli

O.P. RE: ''One of the library files needed to run the application is damaged MSIMG32.DLL''....
I reebooted my computer for more than an hour and copied again the .dll and nothing happened.....the message still appears.....I need help please!!!! I can't live without msn!!!!
07-04-2004 06:33 PM
federicoanelli

I just did that but the following error message appeared ''LoadLibrary(''MSIMG32.DLL'') failed. GetLastError returns 0x0000001f''

what do I do now?

This post was edited on 07-06-2004 at 01:16 AM by WDZ.
07-05-2004 10:55 PM
federicoanelli

Please help me, I need to make my Msn work....I have already sent an e-mail to the MSN staff and they said that in 24hs I'll had a response, no answer was ever given and 48hs have already passed.
07-06-2004 01:28 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
u could use other messengers if u need to go on your account. eg windows messenger, gilly messenger and loads of others
07-06-2004 01:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
~_~, Okies, listen VERY CAREFULLY!

Step One: Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> "command")
Step Two: Type "cd\"
Step Three: Type "cd\windows"
Step Four: Type "regsvr32 MSIMG32.DLL'

The reason it wasnt working before is because you more than likely werent in the Windows Directory, and the error you saw was because the DLL isnt present in the directory you were in.  If you follow my steps the registration should work.

Thanks to Matty. who helped me with command prompt in the past!

This post was edited on 07-06-2004 at 01:48 AM by Dane.
07-06-2004 01:41 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
federicoanelli

Thanx but no, it didn't worked, when I reach to ''regsvr32 msimg32.dll'' a message says: Bad Command Or File Name
07-06-2004 02:06 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: