What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » windows install onto SATA drive

windows install onto SATA drive
Author: Message:
martin

37 / Male / –
O.P. windows install onto SATA drive
maybe u guys can help me out
me just got an Chaintech ZNF3-250 motherboard for the AMD 64 processer.  right now all i have is a SATA hard drive, in the manual for the motherboard it say for SATA installation to
quote:
You only need to follow this installation if you are installing under Windows 2000/XP system. For Windows ME/98 system, the Serial ATA will be automatically detected.
1.  Press F6 key to begin installing the Serial ATA driver when the screen displays "Adiitional devices Setup". This must be done or else the new drivers will not be recognized.
Note: Before you proceed, please copy the Serial ATA drivers from the enclosed Driver CD to a floppy disk.
2.  Insert the appropriate Serial ATA driver diskette into drive A, and press Enter to proceed.
3.  Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
the driver CD had Silicon Image 3112 and 3114 drivers, both of which i tried and had errors while reading the disk, like si3112r.sys is curpt. i went to SI's web and downloaded another copy of the 3112 drivers and tried those.  after pressing the F6 during the setup it asked it i was installing on a 2000/XP or ME/98, after that the setup for windows continued loading, after finished would tell me that it was unable to find a hard drive.  was tring to install Windows XP pro and Windows XP 64 bit edition

am i using the wrong drivers (the SI ones where the only SATA/RAID ones on the CD i could find), am i doing somthing wrong in the setup, or should i go and buy a regular IDE hard drive and install windows on that one
07-01-2004 01:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user2319
Disabled Account

RE: windows install onto SATA drive
weird. I have heard it's very hard to install Windows with a SATA hdd, though. You might want to e-mail Micro$oft about it, or the hdd manufacturer.
07-05-2004 06:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: