What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » BT Broadband Customers - UK

BT Broadband Customers - UK
Author: Message:
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
O.P. BT Broadband Customers - UK
I dont know if youve heard but bt has just lowered their broadband prices. for example my service used to cost 27 now it costs 25. great!:D
the only problem is from early 2005 they are going to impose a monthly download again for example my limit will be 15GB a month.:o
http://www.bt.com/broadband/prices/
i was just wondering if anyone else will be affected. on the site it says they are sending out emails and letters but i havent received anything yet.:(. (i found out about the changes through the gamespy newsletter)
the site says the email will included usage  info over the last 3 months to see how close or over the limit i am.
im worried i might be over the limit an so will have to upgrade my broadband to 1mb (which i suppose is also a good thing).
does anyone have any info?
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
07-03-2004 09:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Garndell

Welcome to Elvie's World!!!

40 / Male / –
RE: BT Broadband Customers - UK
Well, i'm not using BT but I can say that when you go up in speed the temptation to Download MORE gets higher.  You will find yourself downloading more with 1Mb than with 512Kb.
[Image: c2-garndell.jpg]
07-03-2004 11:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: BT Broadband Customers - UK
From what I read, the monthly usage is so give everyone sn individual price based on how much they use their connection. In my opinion, this will lose customers as AOL Broadband are offering unlimited usage. Then again, once they've got enough they probably put a usage on it.

quote:
Originally posted by mad_onion
they are sending out emails and letters but i havent received anything yet.:(. (i found out about the changes through the gamespy newsletter)

When did was it announced? I'm still waiting for them to email me and tell its available in my area. And they probably having to go through the database of all the customers, find their usage etc. Give it a few days.

I'll never forget how lucky I was 7266 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes, 9 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
07-04-2004 06:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: