What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!

Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
Author: Message:
Alexus

34 / Male / –
O.P. Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
I've looked at all the other threads to see if this could help my problem but it hasn't. I've downloaded Plus! 3 on Friday afternoon and managed to sign in perfectly, although I also have been having those weird contact lists where about half of it is gone and i've got about 4 or 5 new people added from England? Anyway, i just kept signing in and out till i got my contact list back again. But anyway, after that I signed out then i tried signing back in again the next day. It said the following...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger service, possible because of a problem with the service or your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet. 0x81000301

now i thought it was pretty typical, it happens all the time. so i tried the next day and i didnt work again. i thought that was pretty strange. so i clicked on the help button to check the MSN server stat, it says that the thing was down;

Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 5/07/2004 12:06:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

so then i came back again a couple more hours later and it still wouldn't sign in, i thought there had to have been a serious problem. so then i constantly kept trying to sign in, no results.
then i tried checking my firewall to see if it allowed MSN to connect to the internet. it was fine. then i tried re-installing msn Plus 3, several times and it still didn't work. ive tried so many different ways i was seriously becoming annoyed. Never has MSN been down on technical difficulty for me for more than a day. ive even tried installing all the latest updates from microsoft. nothing!!
I even asked my brother to see if he could sign in alright, and he did! my Internet is fine, firewalls not blocking it, ive deleted all cookies and that stuff, still nothing!

if you have any idea whats going on or know how to fix it PLZ reply, i am seriously so annoyed at this MSN at the moment!

by the way, ive also noticed that everytime i install MSN Plus 3 i keep detecting a trojan? can someone explain to me what thats all about?

This post was edited on 07-05-2004 at 08:13 AM by Alexus.
07-05-2004 08:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
Originally posted by Alexus
I've looked at all the other threads to see if this could help my problem but it hasn't. I've downloaded Plus! 3 on Friday afternoon and managed to sign in perfectly, although I also have been having those weird contact lists where about half of it is gone and i've got about 4 or 5 new people added from England? Anyway, i just kept signing in and out till i got my contact list back again. But anyway, after that I signed out then i tried signing back in again the next day. It said the following...

We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger service, possible because of a problem with the service or your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet. 0x81000301

now i thought it was pretty typical, it happens all the time. so i tried the next day and i didnt work again. i thought that was pretty strange. so i clicked on the help button to check the MSN server stat, it says that the thing was down;

Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 5/07/2004 12:06:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

so then i came back again a couple more hours later and it still wouldn't sign in, i thought there had to have been a serious problem. so then i constantly kept trying to sign in, no results.
then i tried checking my firewall to see if it allowed MSN to connect to the internet. it was fine. then i tried re-installing msn Plus 3, several times and it still didn't work. ive tried so many different ways i was seriously becoming annoyed. Never has MSN been down on technical difficulty for me for more than a day. ive even tried installing all the latest updates from microsoft. nothing!!
I even asked my brother to see if he could sign in alright, and he did! my Internet is fine, firewalls not blocking it, ive deleted all cookies and that stuff, still nothing!

if you have any idea whats going on or know how to fix it PLZ reply, i am seriously so annoyed at this MSN at the moment!

by the way, ive also noticed that everytime i install MSN Plus 3 i keep detecting a trojan? can someone explain to me what thats all about?

Did your brother try signing in on your computer or have you tried signing in with another account on your computer?
07-05-2004 08:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Alexus

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
Originally posted by Grue
Did your brother try signing in on your computer or have you tried signing in with another account on your computer?

no no, my brother signed in on his own account (on his own computer) and i have tried signing in with some of my old accounts on my own computer. so its gotta be something to do with my computer. problem is i dont know what!
07-05-2004 08:42 AM
Alexus

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
Also, my MSN 6.2 is affected. cant sign in with that either.
07-05-2004 08:45 AM
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
no no, my brother signed in on his own account (on his own computer) and i have tried signing in with some of my old accounts on my own computer. so its gotta be something to do with my computer. problem is i dont know what!

Okay try this:
Exit messenger then go to start, then run, then type regedit and click Ok
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger <-- single click MSN Messenger then go edit and delete
Then just reinstall msn messenger
07-05-2004 08:48 AM
Alexus

34 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
quote:

Okay try this:
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger <-- single click MSN Messenger then go edit and delete

still aint working
07-05-2004 08:55 AM
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
quote:
quote:

Okay try this:

still aint working

K then you probably got reinstall winsock Go here --> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=272452#pid272452  for directions on how to do that
07-05-2004 09:02 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
quote:

What Grue meant was that your brother should try logging in on your computer with his account. And you should try logging in on your brother's PC with your account... Otherwise there is no way in knowning that is is your computer, your account or the msn servers....

+----------------+-----------------+----------------+---------------+
| you on your pc | you on bro's pc | bro on your pc | bro on his pc |
|     failed     |     failed      |     failed     |    failed     | MSN problem
|     failed     |     failed      |       OK       |      OK       | Account problem
|     failed     |       OK        |     failed     |      OK       | PC Problem
|     failed     |     failed      |     failed     |      OK       | PC & Account problem
|       OK       |       OK        |       OK       |      OK       | Nothing wrong

If it is a MSN problem or an account problem then there is nothing you can do. MSN needs to solve the situation. You can only wait... Note that, like people has said before, that there are problems with some accounts lately and above that the MSN servers are having difficulties also....

If it is a PC problem then you need to set things straits. Also note that Messenger Plus! does NOT cause this kind of problems.

Messenger Plus! does not alter any settings related to this. If you are having difficulties signing in, then you also will have them if you didn't install Messenger Plus!...

To solve various PC issues regarding this, refer to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20295. There you'll find a list with known solutions to known problems. It is put up to deal with another errorcode (0x8100037x), but most things also refer to other errors. If you use that list, then first read it thru, including the added extra list I posted there! After that, try every point seperatly! Do not do two points at the same time. Do one point, reboot, try to sign in, then do another point if it didn't work, etc...

But take note that the 0x81000301-error almost always means: troubles on the MSN servers, if that is the case then you can't do a thing about it but wait (and yes, this can take a long time)....

Then, regarding the so called Trojan in Messenger Plus!. Like people said before, there is no trojan, virus or spyware of any kind in Messenger Plus!.

What your scanner detected was the setup program for the optional adware-sponsor that comes with Messenger Plus!.

^^ read the above sentence carefully ;) It means:
* it is the setup package of the sponsor inside the setup of Plus!. This means that the sponsor-setup isn't run, nor installed when you run the Plus!-setup that you've downloaded and thus can't harm you in any way...
* optional: you have to choose to install it or not when you install Plus!. In the Plus!-setup you must agree or disagree to the sponsor-agreement. If you disagree, the sponsor will not install itself (Plus! can still be installed without it).
* adware: That's what the sponsor is. It is NOT spyware, nor a virus, nor a trojan. There are huge differences between all of them. The adware will install a searchbar in your MSIE browser and will change the default homepage. And adult-free popups will be shown from time to time...

The sponsoragreement (this will ALWAYS popup when you install Plus!, even with an automatic update):
[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]
click for full view

If you accidently installed the sponsor, do NOT try to manual remove it, or use programs like Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, etc... as they will only cripple the uninstallation of the sponsor and even leave traces of the sponsor on your computer.
If you did tried to do it manualy or with such programs then you must install Plus WITH the sponsor again to restore/fix the uninstallers...

After that, you simply can uninstall the sponsor by uninstalling Plus! by going to "add/remove programs" in your Windows. Make sure you follow EXACTLY the given instructions (like closing EVERY browserwindow before proceeding!!). Detailed official removal instructions can be found here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

for info: this thread, on another forum, goes on in detail about the sponsor and all the misunderstood things: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=169964
especially take note of Choli's, Kryptonates and my posts...

This post was edited on 07-05-2004 at 09:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-05-2004 09:48 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: