What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Log Encryption...

Log Encryption...
Author: Message:
Retailmonica

O.P. Huh?  Log Encryption...
Ok, firstly I have:

Windows XP Professional
MSN Messenger 6.2.0137
Messenger Plus! 3.01.94

Now, the problem... Since updating Plus, about a month ago... my logs have been vary messed up.  Plus creates a new log for someone every so many odd days...  there's no pattern at all.  I have now six different little logs for one person for the month of June.  What's worse... Plus also keeps changing my password.  I have NEVER used any other password in my life, for anything.  Why does my password work for every other file?  This is highly annoying as I guess I have basically lost half of my conversations.  Someone please tell me WHAT is going on...

Thanks

-:-:Retailmonica:-:-
07-06-2004 10:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matthew_wehttaM

RE: Log Encryption...
1)maybe ur computer has a problem with its calendar, that could effect the amount of times that msg plus makes a new log file

2)i dont know what happend to your password, also how do you know that msg plus is changing your password

This post was edited on 07-07-2004 at 12:17 AM by Matthew_wehttaM.
07-07-2004 12:15 AM
Retailmonica

O.P. RE: Log Encryption...
The calendar is fine, I've checked it many times... all is well.  And I know that it is changing the password or something because all of a sudden the password doesn't work on my logs.  I have to go back in and change it.  I also know that someone didn't change it because I have my preferences set with this same password.  My password uses caps and stuff, so it's VERY VERY hard to EVER be cracked.  Also, my sister is the only other one to use my system... and she doesn't know how to do this stuff.  It had to have been Plus!'s doing.... unless there's an actual bug somewhere here.... please help....

07-07-2004 12:48 AM
Matthew_wehttaM

i cant really help you with the msg plus logging because i use the msn messenger way of logging.

2)which password is this, the one you use to sign onto msn or the one you use to check you log files
07-07-2004 01:02 AM
Retailmonica

...the looooooooog... this is about not being able to read SOME logs.... :S

07-09-2004 12:00 AM
blink_182

Undecided  RE: Log Encryption...
The same thing happened to me, i have no idea whats going on, i keep changing my password and it asks if i want to change all my chat logs to that password, i say yes, and then when i try to get into them it says its not a valid password....if i don't get those conversations back ill be so pissed:@
07-10-2004 03:56 PM
Broken_Hope

– / Female / –
Sad  RE: Log Encryption...
Hey, Yeah The same things happened to me too, it's also happened to my boyfriend. He's only used about 3 passwords only, none work. When he changes the password for it and trys to then access his chat logs. It's all fucked up and won't let him. I just thought he had typed in the wrong password and now it's happened to me and it's pissing me off. I have to have these chat logs. I can get into some but the ones i need to get into i can't because the passwords all fucked up. :@ nothing is working. I think it is plus or a bug or something because none of my passwords work. The only option i have is to delete them and start from scratch. Like the files won't even let me un encrypt all my files because of the password being all fucked. I wanna know why it's doing this!!!!! Grrrrr:@ lol.
07-15-2004 08:21 AM
Retailmonica

EXACTLY!!!  Is there anyone with some expertise here that can help?? :^)  I hate not having my logs!!!  Thanks for anyone's help...

07-17-2004 09:19 PM
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
Well, i supose you all used the encryption thing right? There has been problems with the that and people accessing it. I read in one thread that patchou will be fixing this in an update. And until then, all you can do is uninstall plus! and reinstall it (without saving preferences while uninstalling) Until this is all worked out, i would recommend  hiding your "my chat logs" folder by right clicking it>properties> and check hidden.  To make sure people dont see the folder, tools(top of page)>folder options>view> "Hidden files and folders." This is, if you dont want ANYONE to access them.

***If you uninstall plus! you will lose all your chat logs that were encrypted***

Hope that helped:)
07-17-2004 09:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Nippius

37 / Male / –
Well about recovering your logs is almost impossivel unless you find the right pasword witch is useless because it whould take a very looooonnnnnnnnnng time to crack it even if you knew how the encrypton process works.

Now about that bug i think ive found a quick work-around:

In the Messenger Plus! config menu go to the "Privacy Protection>>Passwords" tab try cheking the "Ask for my password (can be changed in the password window)"

(i think you have to change your password for this option to become available but dont worry you can change your password to the default one that you use later).

I know its a little boring to have to put your password (if its a long one than is veeerrryyyy boring) every single time you start up MSN Messenger but at least you wont get you password changed from time to time and you wont have multiple logs for the same person in the same month...

By the away you should save the logs that you can open to a safe place and then clean up that folder (donīt delete the folder it self simple delete all files and folders inside it)before you try the above... better safe than sorry :-þ

oh! sorry by any missspelling but english is not my native language lol :-p

Hope it helps... See ya! ;)
07-18-2004 12:05 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: