What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???

WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???
Author: Message:
Raven23

O.P. Huh?  WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???
:@ My god........ this ....crap that was put into the MSN Plus really really pisses me off..... now my stupid browser has some retarted "TestHoldSupport" search bar on it, and it also put a whole wack of new 'favorites' in my favorites file..... if you guys decided to put this crap in the program because it makes you money, for god sake please, please make a easy way of getting rid of the crap. I've tried so hard and i CANT figure out how to rid my system of this shit and its really on my nerves now.

Please can someone help me get rid of it. **By the Way: i dont plan on ever installing any new versions of MSN Plus, as much as i like it, i'd rather not infect my computer with the sickness of such spyware and other crap **

-thank you for your much needed help
-Mike
07-08-2004 12:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???
it seems u have installed the sponsor program that comes with messenger plus, to uninstall it follow these instructions http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598. you do have the option not to install the program when you run the setup, you just need to read the details of the setup

[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

This post was edited on 07-08-2004 at 12:12 AM by toddy.
07-08-2004 12:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???
quote:
Originally posted by Raven23
:@ My god........ this ....crap that was put into the MSN Plus really really pisses me off..... now my stupid browser has some retarted "TestHoldSupport" search bar on it, and it also put a whole wack of new 'favorites' in my favorites file..... if you guys decided to put this crap in the program because it makes you money, for god sake please, please make a easy way of getting rid of the crap. I've tried so hard and i CANT figure out how to rid my system of this shit and its really on my nerves now.

Please can someone help me get rid of it. **By the Way: i dont plan on ever installing any new versions of MSN Plus, as much as i like it, i'd rather not infect my computer with the sickness of such spyware and other crap **

-thank you for your much needed help
-Mike

that search bar would have been installed by some other Program you recently installed. to get rid of it, just go to Control panerl/Add/Remove an remove the search bar . MSG Plus does not contain any spyware nore anything else  of that nature. as Toddy has Put up a Screenshot, next time when you install the update press "I refuse  blah blah blah  then Press INSTALL

This post was edited on 07-08-2004 at 12:24 AM by Hank.
07-08-2004 12:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Raven23

O.P. RE: WHY did you put this crap in MSN PLUS???
Yeah...thanks. After I posted I was reading other threads about this. So I've now fixed the problem. I suppose lesson of the day is read those sorts of things before I agree to them, I had just naturally assumed that it was a simple licencing agreement to install the program, I didnt read that it says "install crap now" lol **replace crap with sponsor** .  Anyways, its all fixed now, thanks for the help.

-Mike
07-08-2004 12:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: