What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List
I was wondering if there was a way to add the internet explorer as a tab in the msn contact list.  Its just an idea...and i am not shure if it is possible.

I know it sounds lazy and pointless to have internet explorer in your tabs when you can just access it from your computer, but it is easier to manage both messenger and the internet.  it would provide even easier access to the internet and you wouldnt even have to leave your contacts:)
07-08-2004 03:22 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
banky

Fwee

34 / Male / –
RE: Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List
thats :dodgy: lol if u use msn and open IE its the same thing.
07-08-2004 03:32 AM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List
Yea thats true and i know that...but it would be awesome to have a Plus! based IE in the comfort of the msn window...i dont know...it was just a suggestion, not a demand
07-08-2004 03:34 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
I think someone made something like that before, but I don't know what happened to it. Basically, you need a custom tab with 2 frames and some javascript. The top frame is the address bar that controls the content of the bottom frame.
07-08-2004 03:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Internet Explorer In Msn Contact List
If you could get the url for that plugin that would be great...post it on the thread if you find it..im not a programmer so i dont know how to create these things...im only here to use them

As well if you think it is useless, then why are there ebay and lavalife tabs when you can just easily access them through the internet

Thank you for responding
07-08-2004 03:43 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Actually, it's not a plug-in. It's a web page like any other custom tab. I don't think anyone is still hosting it though. If you did find such a thing, you'd probably have to use a patch like TabServ to add it to your Messenger.
07-08-2004 04:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

tabserv, then add your own tab with the link http://www.proxy2005.tk/

should work
07-09-2004 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
I know it sounds lazy and pointless to have internet explorer in your tabs when you can just access it from your computer,
You're damn right.... :p

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
but it is easier to manage both messenger and the internet.  it would provide even easier access to the internet and you wouldnt even have to leave your contacts
You'll notice soon enough that that's only theory, in practice you will use IE outside Messenger more as Messenger doesn't allows you to go back to a page for example, and many many more things.... Messenger isn't designed for doing that, although it can be done. But you'll see when you use it that it isn't realy usefull....

Anyways, like WDZ said, you need to install a patch. This has nothing to do with plugins. Read carefully all the instructions on that page that WDZ has pointed out to you before doing anything....

Also, you don't need to add your own link, like Millenium said since there is already an excellent tab listed in the big list of tabs. So just add that to your personal list...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=284717]

.gif File Attachment: browsetab.gif (9.37 KB)
This file has been downloaded 759 time(s).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-30-2004 08:07 PM
Locoguy87

36 / Male / –
now, i dont know anything really about this IE in Msg Plus, but, what if (since MSN has their search bar) the tabs on the side of the contact list, could be used as your browser pages, or you search results? i mean, its just an idea, i have NO idea how to write anything, im basicly just a thinker, :P, wll anyhow, not sure if it'll get anyone thinkin, but thats my idea :), thanks
03-16-2005 05:29 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Locoguy87
now, i dont know anything really about this IE in Msg Plus, but, what if (since MSN has their search bar) the tabs on the side of the contact list, could be used as your browser pages, or you search results? i mean, its just an idea, i have NO idea how to write anything, im basicly just a thinker, :P, wll anyhow, not sure if it'll get anyone thinkin, but thats my idea :), thanks

I am not perfectly sure what yuo are tring to say, but if you want to do the same as this thread is all about then that is possible, or would you want you want your "standard browser" to be a tab in MSN messenger, meaning that if you open a link it iwll open in the Browser tab? I don't think this will be really possible but I'm not sure, I don't know how much it's possible to control these tabs, meaning changing tabs....
As with the search result, would not be possible either unless we have some control over the tabs, which I don't suspect we have... Well you cold, if somebody wanted to make Tab that would be called using SPNG's search thingy, then by inputing email and the search query to the Tab page, and when you press the tab for the seach it will load from the Tab's database what your search is and then generate it this way.. but besides that then I THINK it's impossible...
03-16-2005 05:53 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: