What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » MyCustomNix issues

MyCustomNix issues
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

O.P. MyCustomNix issues
I'm tired of all these people who blame MyCustomNix for their MSN not working. Also a few helpers are blaming my software for the malfunctioning of people who need help.

That's why I made this post.

What MyCustomNix does

• MyCustomNix changes the server the Messenger Client connects to. It's located in
    code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Server
    Now it changes it:
    • When loading messenger
    • When signing out
    So if you don't want it, delete the key after loading messenger & before signing in. Other solution is disabling the plugin, terminating the EXE (using CTRL+ALT+DEL), restarting MSN Messenger.

• MyCustomNix DOESN'T modify data sent to/from the main MSN server. It passes it, unmodified to Messenger. Except outgoing MSG commands. It checks in its cache wether it's a multiuser convo, then adds the matching nickname (in the options panel) to the header.
    In protocol language: it adds a P4-Header field and recalculates the length of the message.

Problems user report

• If the Messenger client gives you an error while signing in, this can't be MyCustomNix. Why? Because if Messenger can't connect to the given server (localhost:1864 or localhost:1865, can't remember), it will connect to messenger.hotmail.com automaticly. This is the official main MSN server.

• If your contact list is messed up, I can guarantee you this is NOT MyCustomNix. I've experienced this before on a computer that never installed the program. Changing my password and signing back in fixed it apparently.

Also note MyCustomNix isn't officialy released (I deleted the thread). This is because the MSNProxy dll isn't stable yet

Thank your for trying my software, I just wanted to clear things out ;)
07-09-2004 11:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ulrik

RE: MyCustomNix issues
When do you think it'll come out?
07-10-2004 03:02 AM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

O.P. RE: MyCustomNix issues
i don't know... I don't have a computer to work on ATM so I can't say when. But there is other software that has this (Gilly Messenger) if you really want to try it ;)
07-10-2004 08:32 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: