What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » set come back messege not working

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
set come back messege not working
Author: Message:
montrosity

O.P. Sad  set come back messege not working
everytime i try to set a set come back messege, it never sends when the person comes online, it opens up  a blank pm box window to them, but doesn t actually send the text.  i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both msn messenger and msnplus twice, cleared my registry thinking that may be the problem, but it still doesnt work.  It worked a few days ago, now it doesn t work at all.  I run msn messenger 6.1.0211,and msn plus version 3.01.94. Please help.  I run windows 2000 professional as well.
07-09-2004 03:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
RE: set come back messege not working
i dont think comeback messages are not supposed 2 automatically send i think they r suposed 2 reply when sum1 tries 2 talk 2 u
07-09-2004 03:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
montrosity

O.P. RE: set come back messege not working
no when they come online it automatically sends them text for whatever you wrote them,sorta like what yahoo messenger does, it worked this morning again, i  rebooted, now it doesnt  work again.  This is very frustrating
07-09-2004 07:55 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
That must be frustrating indeed... did you try with Messenger 6.2 ? also, can you confirm that the chatg window is actually opened automatically but no text is sent?
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-10-2004 06:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
i dont think comeback messages are not supposed 2 automatically send i think they r suposed 2 reply when sum1 tries 2 talk 2 u
those are automessages, away messages, or personalised status messages; call them how you like more :P Comeback messages are sent in about 7 seconds after the contact signs in.

quote:
Originally posted by montrosity
everytime i try to set a set come back messege, it never sends when the person comes online, it opens up  a blank pm box window to them, but doesn t actually send the text.  i've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both msn messenger and msnplus twice, cleared my registry thinking that may be the problem, but it still doesnt work.  It worked a few days ago, now it doesn t work at all.  I run msn messenger 6.1.0211,and msn plus version 3.01.94. Please help.  I run windows 2000 professional as well.
do you have the handwritting plugin and when plus opens the chat window the convert or the hand writting tab is selected instead of the write tab? If yes, remember to select the write tab before close chat windows, then next time plus opens them , messenger will show the write tab and plus would be able to "write" and send the comeback message.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-10-2004 08:09 PM
montrosity

That must be frustrating indeed... did you try with Messenger 6.2 ? also, can you confirm that the chatg window is actually opened automatically but no text is sent?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i can confirm the messege box does open but no text is actually sent, i've installed messenger 6.2,still no change.  It only open a pm box to the person i was attempting to send a setcome back messege to, but the text does not appear, it just shows up blank and nothing is actually sent8o|
07-11-2004 05:27 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
do you have SmileyCentral, MyCustomNix or similar programs related to messenger? (those ones are known to produce problems with plus). Also, (i don't think so, but just in case) dis your messenger an original version or did you apply any patch like games, polygamy, etc...?

If someone sends you a /ping, does your plus answers it correctly? also if the chat window is closed? does the rest of features of plus work?

uff, i agree with patchou that that has to be fustrating :-/
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
07-11-2004 08:21 PM
montrosity

no i don t have smiley central or that other program installed.  it  was working this morning when i booted up,then i crashed, now its not working again, this is getting very frustrating.  Im at wits end, i've uninstalled restalled like 20 times, cleared my registry of any thing that could stop the auto set come back messege,still no luck:@  I dont understand how it worked tihs morning, then i rebooted,now its not working again.  Whats the /ping supposed to do, ive never heard of that command
07-12-2004 04:15 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by montrosity
no i don t have smiley central or that other program installed.  it  was working this morning when i booted up,then i crashed, now its not working again, this is getting very frustrating.  Im at wits end, i've uninstalled restalled like 20 times, cleared my registry of any thing that could stop the auto set come back messege,still no luck:@  I dont understand how it worked tihs morning, then i rebooted,now its not working again.  Whats the /ping supposed to do, ive never heard of that command
The /ping command is sent in a conversation window and if the contact you are talking to has Plus! (and chooses to) their computer will respond with Pong letting you know they have Plus! installed.

Now onto the issue, do you have other IM windows open when this happens or is it just the one that opens when the contact comes online?
07-12-2004 06:21 PM
montrosity

I dont have any conversation windows open, when they come online, instead of sending them any text, it just opens a pm box to them on my side, they actually dont receive anything.
07-14-2004 07:02 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: