What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Bug when talking to not real user

Bug when talking to not real user
Author: Message:
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Bug when talking to not real user
Okay sometimes when i wanna test stuff out i go to the main window and click the actions menu the click send and instant message then i click the other tab and just put in like 1 or something so its having me talk to 1@msn.com witch isnt a real user. so it always says the following message could not be sent but in the chat log this is all that shows up :
quote:
[04:46:01 PM] Chris: Test
[04:46:01 PM] Chris Test
[04:46:04 PM] Chris: Test 2
[04:46:04 PM] Chris Test 2
[04:46:07 PM] Chris: Test Agin
[04:46:07 PM] Chris Test Agin

But it doesnt say the following message couldnt be sent or say who sent that text. seems like you shoudl either add the following text could not be sent or have it show "1@msn.com:" before it.

Also. ok i know this isnt the place to request but patchou is more likely to read it here. i think it should be possible to add the  (!MP) tag to the saveing chat log location. i use multiple accounts on my computer and i dont like them saveing in the same folder so i have it set to saveing it in "D:\Documents And Settings\My Documents\My Chat Logs\<Email>" but i have to make that email folder manualy and save msgplus to save it in that one. if you could make it possible to add the (!MP) tag i could just make it "D:\Documents And Settings\My Documents\My Chat Logs\(!MP)" and if the folder for the currenly logged on email wasnt alreay existed it would make it and then same it in there. that way everything is more oragnised. I know it would be easyer to just do it the way i got it now but i have friends signing in alot on my computer and it is harder to set ti up when there on there. hope you see what i mean.:)

This post was edited on 07-09-2004 at 11:53 PM by chris.
07-09-2004 11:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Bug when talking to not real user
Agree on the folder stuff, I also separate logs that way manually, would be cool if Plus could do it automatically :)
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-10-2004 05:23 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
It can.... (in theory, didn't test this out yet)

Sign in with your accounts, enter the log directory that you want in the preferences each time...

So now you have set up an individual log directory for each existing account....

Now sign out and close MSN Messenger completely and kill Plus! (dont know if killing Plus! is realy needed though).

Now...
Go to your registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2. In there you'll see a keyname called DefaultConfiguration, change it's value to Nobody. Close registry and start Plus! and Messenger again. Without signing in, set your preferences like you want them to be for all your friends (so in other words, fill in the log directory that you wanna have for if somebody else has logged in on your PC but doesn't have a preferencesprofile yet)

EDIT: Hmmmm....

It seems that it worked, but only the first time :undecided: ...
The key DefaultConfiguration always changes back to the last logged in user.... Something I didn't expected it to do (it isn't called LastUser... :undecided:)

So this method didn't worked.... sorry...

It DOES work though. Sorry for not testing this properly.... Plus! will revert to the settings saved under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody when it can't find settings for the current user that is logging in.... (well, except for a small bug that is...)

This post was edited on 07-10-2004 at 06:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-10-2004 05:39 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Sign in with your accounts, enter the log directory that you want in the preferences each time...

So now you have set up an individual log directory for each existing account....

That's what we're doing.

quote:
Now...
Go to your registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2. In there you'll see a keyname called DefaultConfiguration, change it's value to Nobody. Close registry and start Plus! and Messenger again. Without signing in, set your preferences like you want them to be for all your friends (so in other words, fill in the log directory that you wanna have for if somebody else has logged in on your PC but doesn't have a preferencesprofile yet)
Maybe I didn't get what you meant, but what does that have to do with the log folder for every user? Isn't that setting configuration defaults for new users? :huh:
07-10-2004 05:54 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Maybe I didn't get what you meant, but what does that have to do with the log folder for every user?
It has very much to do with it ;)

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Isn't that setting configuration defaults for new users?
Yes, and although it will not be different for each new user, it will be different then your saved preferences. In other words, whenever someone new (one of your friends) signs in, his/her logs wont be saved in your log directory and mess that directory up. That it as far as you can go right now with it....

PS: I did understand his request though... (entering "c:\blahblah\(!MP)" as log directory, but for now that isn't possible, what I described is all you can do atm...)

This post was edited on 07-10-2004 at 06:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-10-2004 06:05 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
OK, now I understand (I already had a directory for new users and thought it was obvious, I have to remember that you can't read my mind ;-)).
07-10-2004 06:10 AM
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Bug when talking to not real user
quote:
It can.... (in theory, didn't test this out yet)

Now sign out and close MSN Messenger completely and kill Plus! (dont know if killing Plus! is realy needed though).

Now...

It seems that it worked, but only the first time :undecided: ...
The key DefaultConfiguration always changes back to the last logged in user.... Something I didn't expected it to do (it isn't called LastUser... :undecided:)

So this method didn't worked.... sorry...

It DOES work though. Sorry for not testing this properly.... Plus! will revert to the settings saved under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\Nobody when it can't find settings for the current user that is logging in.... (well, except for a small bug that is...)
Im not really sure what u were trying to say but i think u were teling me how to get the logs to save to the seperate folders for the people i know who will be signign in. if thats what u were sayin i already got it to do that and the unknow peoples logs just go the the main Chat logs folder
but what i meant was to add the (!NP) tag so it would automaticly create a folder called the signed in users emal and then save the logs to that sub folder from the "My Chat Logs"folder
07-10-2004 07:46 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: