What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Active Display Pics?

Active Display Pics?
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Shocked  Active Display Pics?
I am not shure...and it may seem stupid, but i have a question that i would like answered.  Is there any way to have moving display pics?...ones that can move...like gif. files.  i doubt so, but if there is a possibility, someone post it.

As well on the same note, i was wondering the same thing for custom emotions.  i was wondering if there was a way to add custom emotions that would move like the ones messenger has provided----->*-)

Let me know...thanks

This post was edited on 07-11-2004 at 01:04 AM by LoochTheMan.
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-11-2004 01:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Active Display Pics?
at the min there is no way of having a moving DP. i think someone was working on trying to make it so that you could. i don't kno how far they got tho.
07-11-2004 01:04 AM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Active Display Pics?
what about custom emotions?:^)
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-11-2004 01:05 AM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
i'm not sure, i don't think that is
07-11-2004 01:07 AM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

i remember TB was working on moving emoticons, and lunath on moving DP's, but they both got stuck.
07-11-2004 08:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MachielBiiru

they got stuck? :S I'm not very good at programming and stuff.. but all you have to do is make it possible for msn to use .gif files and to send them... is it really that hard? :S
07-11-2004 12:57 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MachielBiiru
they got stuck? :S I'm not very good at programming and stuff.. but all you have to do is make it possible for msn to use .gif files and to send them... is it really that hard? :S

Yes it is really hard, it isn't really possible making messenger show gif's in the DP area because it is programmed to only display PNG's with only 1 pic on, so then they thougt about creating "animated" png's by doing some really advanced work to the png's and they got that working, the next problem would be how to extract the "ani" png's and show them in the DP area(which can't really be "hijacked", it have to be some kind of a form that puts on top the area or something like that).... there is alot of work to get this working.... if we want it the right way, of course it wouldn't be hard if we did it like the the korean(I think it was) animated thingy, but that is just a external program which sends the animated picture in an external transfer and then displays it, then it is not "build" into msn messenger, and this way would look really "unprofessionel" and crappy... so... but try seacrhing the forums for "Animated DP's" or something like that, and read some of the things they have written about, it's some really heavy shit dude... :D:D....
07-11-2004 01:23 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: