What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » ok...see here...MySQL DB help

ok...see here...MySQL DB help
Author: Message:
Eric

The miracles of PHP

48 / Male / –
O.P. ok...see here...MySQL DB help
Ok, I got a MySQL/PostgresSQL host, and I have permission to make as many databases as I want for free, and thats nice.

But...one particular Db, "base64imgdb", which I intend to use for a database-based random image display script isn't letting me in with a php script. I tried the web based Perl MySQL Data Manager 1.72 from cgiscripts.com and I even used the PhpMyAdmin script on my hosts site and both worked. But I have a php script that is supposed to write some images into the database after encoding them into base64 into a row titled sixfourdata(its on a table called "images"), but its not working.(Its gonna take the images from the current directory). It gives some error messages  about not being able to connect, even though I supply username,password,database name and hostname. I know that my host Fexnet doesn't have MySQL server installed, and I don't think it has the Php-MySQL module. And the MySQL server I'm trying to access is on a remote server and it has permissions to allow remote connections, so is this some problem with my host? Will installing the PHP-MySQL Module fix this? Thanks in advance.

BTW: I even got the port for the remote host right and it still doesn't work. The port is 3306. I've been able to access the Db remotely from the cgiscripts.com site with MySQL Data Manager 1.72
king.of.fanelia@Gmail.com
king_of_fanelia@msgplus.net
07-14-2004 02:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: ok...see here...MySQL DB help
(Isn't it easier to get a decent host with Mysql? :P)

It could be a problem of Fexnet not allowing to do remote connections to other servers, at least that would be the only thing I can think of if everything's set up correctly.
07-14-2004 02:20 PM
Eric

The miracles of PHP

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: ok...see here...MySQL DB help
I want free or I'll bop you one lol XD
(about the decent host comment)

This post was edited on 07-14-2004 at 02:47 PM by Eric.
king.of.fanelia@Gmail.com
king_of_fanelia@msgplus.net
07-14-2004 02:46 PM
KeyStorm
Elite Member

Inn-sewer-ants-pollie-sea

38 / Male / –
RE: ok...see here...MySQL DB help
If you get them to install he module I don't see why it shouldn't work with remote MySQL servers as long as they didn't block cetrain ports, disallow remote MySQL explicitly, etc.
07-14-2004 05:40 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: