What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plug-X : A GUI Plugin Installer

Plug-X : A GUI Plugin Installer
Author: Message:
Alpha Binary

35 / Male / –
O.P. Plug-X : A GUI Plugin Installer
This is a plug-in installer made by a plug-in developer for plug-in developers.
Inexperienced users should take extra precaution as no extra support is provided with this software.

How to use
- Extract all files into a convenient place
- Run Plug-X.exe and fill in necessary information (all is optional)
- Click Make!, the program will generate a self-extractor named setup.exe

Note
- The setup.exe attached in the package is not needed and can be deleted at any time. I only included it so you can see how the final installer will look like. That example plug-in is really working, though.
- Obviously if you want to include multiples files just press enter after each item. For example put it like:
myplug.dll
readme.txt
uninstaller.exe

Same goes for execution list.
- The final installer will be pretty big. Its size will exceeds two times the size of your plug-in dll plus all included files. This is due to how VB (yep it's pure VB) stores strings in the memory (multi-byte). I'm working on some compression technique but for now just manually make a silent self-extractor out of it using WinRAR, ok?

Enjoy! If you find any bugs don't hesitate to post it here. Constructive comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Please don't mind if my English is not perfect.

.rar File Attachment: plug-x.rar (112.84 KB)
This file has been downloaded 139 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-13-2004 at 01:58 PM by Alpha Binary.
07-13-2004 01:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Plug-X : A GUI Plugin Installer
i've done one like this too, and believe me mine was compacter (size, no compression) and offered more possibilities (like installing of multiple plugins) but had some security limitations that yours hasn't... i don't know if yours does, but in mine the plugin list was instantly refreshed and the directories were gotten from the registry. uninstaller was included and a log file next to it. entry in add/remove programs was there too.

hey, I've found a link! :o http://www.nsrtech.net/~millenium/mppsgen.exe

problem is and will stay it's in VB, that's why TB's one in the plugin section is the most recommended one.

This post was edited on 07-13-2004 at 05:27 PM by Millenium_edition.
07-13-2004 05:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: