What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » help with a plug in for messanger pluss

help with a plug in for messanger pluss
Author: Message:
kiwi_2800

O.P. help with a plug in for messanger pluss
Hi I forget what the plug in is called but its the one where you can have any text spoken when you type it in a message to a buddy.  How do I get it to work I downloaded it but it says I need the microsoft speach engin which I have no idea weather I have can someone help me to get it to work as I would love to be able to use it.
07-14-2004 08:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
funaki

37 / Male / –
RE: help with a plug in for messanger pluss
http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/default.asp there u go have a look its all there
EclipseGL
A New FPS
www.eclipsegl.com
07-14-2004 03:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kiwi_2800

O.P. RE: help with a plug in for messanger pluss
hi funaki just to let you know that what you suggested didn't work and I still can't get this thing to work so can someone help.
07-17-2004 07:25 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
kiwi_2800, what operating system are you using? If it's an older version of Windows you will need to install Microsoft Agent Core components
http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/agent2/MSagent.exe
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-17-2004 08:50 AM
kiwi_2800

Anubis I have installed everything there is that was available for microsoft agent and it still isn't working I use windows 98 second edition.
07-20-2004 02:03 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kiwi_2800
Anubis I have installed everything there is that was available for microsoft agent and it still isn't working I use windows 98 second edition.
Everything? If you downloaded and installed everything then you most likely screwed it up ....
If not, then tell us what you exactly have downloaded and installed.

(when reporting problems or asking for help, always describe your problems and what you did/didn't as detailed as possible)....

funaki pointed you to the right page, you need to read there how and WHAT you need to install to make it work (and how to use it), you need:
* the Microsoft Agent core components
* a localized language component (only if you want support for another language)...
* a text-to-speech engine (to convert text to speech)
* the Speech Control Panel (to config the voice(s))
* the Microsoft SAPI 4.0a runtime binaries if you wish to use certain Agent Characters (not needed for the plugin) or if you are on XP
* the Microsoft Speech Recognition Engine (to convert speech to text) (not needed for the plugin)

everything will come with readme-files and/or instructions (after the install), it is VERY STRONGLY suggested that your read and understand everything, even if it is a big text to read!

This post was edited on 07-22-2004 at 11:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2004 06:57 PM
antonywilson

I had the exact same problem. Im on ME, and downloaded everything from the microsoft site on the page that is somewhere above. what you need for it to work on an OS older than XP is something called SAPI which can be found here.
Hope this helps
07-22-2004 11:01 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Not entirly correct....

You need the SAPI runtimes only if you are on XP, or if you intend to use the L&H TTS3000 engines with the Microsoft Agent Genie, Merlin, Peedy and Robby characters (and possible other 3rd party characters). In other words, not everybody needs it.

Also, SAPI4 is not the same as SAPI5!! Engines made for SAPI4 will not work 100% with SAPI5 and vice versa... SAPI4 does things that SAPI5 doesn't and vice versa... eg: If an engine requires SAPI4, then install SAPI4 and not SAPI5 (of course you can install both if you like)....

Everything you need to know, etc... can be found on http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/ (or on the links you'll find on that site)...

This post was edited on 07-22-2004 at 11:46 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2004 11:40 PM
kiwi_2800

ok well I downloaded everything you mentined in that list cookierevised and it isn't working so I still can't get it to work and I am fed up with it so not going to mess with it no more unless someone else has any more suggestions but I guess this plug in obviously doesn't work and needs to be re written so it will work.
07-23-2004 06:11 AM
RDM

I'm sorry... I don't check this place very much.

The only thing that should be need to make the plugin work on non-XP systems is SAPI 5.1, found at http://rdmsoft.com/sapi51.msi .

I accept that the plugin isn't perfect, but it should work as long as you have the right speech components. There's also a slightly newer version on my webspace with a "shut up" command - some of my friends got slightly overexcited. http://rdmsoft.com/rdmspeech_installer.exe

Hope this helps someone.
08-01-2004 12:13 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: