What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » sending files.

sending files.
Author: Message:
firedance

– / Male / –
O.P. sending files.
Well im making a plugin that needs to send a file and still do something after the file has been sent (it duznt have to be sent just the user got the invitation) I thought about the msn.sendfile but this didnt work coz it only shows or opens the window of the user. then i thought of using the plus thing but, then i need to return and then i cant do the thing after, anyone got an idea?
I wanna be a beta tester! no i dont care what im testing as long as its not highly illegal.
07-15-2004 09:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: sending files.
use the /dropfile command... :P and then if you wants to do more just use the # to split up and do more commands as it says in the Sample... that is if you use VB I don't know about the c/c++ side of this story but I guess that you can use the same plus commands... :D...

Eg. (I'm not sure this works, just making this as I write, but it should work)

sResult = "#/dropfile c:\fun.jpg" & vblf & "#Check this out!!!"

This post was edited on 07-15-2004 at 10:05 PM by (CyBeRDuDe).
07-15-2004 10:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
firedance

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: sending files.
hmm the # thing , is there a long delay between the commands entered?
hmm, maby i could use a timer =)
I wanna be a beta tester! no i dont care what im testing as long as its not highly illegal.
07-15-2004 10:25 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
you can do a delay, but it is limited to 1-9 secs. so this might not really be to much of a help... :(...
A timer is an ok idea but you would need to use the messenger api to send messages... If you don't want to use the api you can also do "mulitple" time delay with the plugin, you would just need to make a empty command and call it for eksample "/xpause" or whatever, and that command shall just set the sResult = "" and then return.... then when you want to call the dropfile and then wait some time you could call it like this

sResult = "#/dropfile c:\fun.jpg" & vblf & "#9#/xpause" & vblf & "#9#/xpause" & vblf & "#9#Check this out!!!"

In this example the pause will be 27 seconds from the file has been dropped til the messages is sent... you can do a total of 20 commands, which means you can do 18 pauses between the 2 commands, that is 18 * 9 = 162 secs = 2 mins and 42 secs....

This is not a recommended method but it can be used if you don't want to do api's in your plugin then this is proberly the onliest way you can do it.... :(...
Also note that using this method while your plugin is "pausing" you can NOT call any other commands, if you do that then the command currently running will be terminated.... so....
Good luck... :D:D....
07-15-2004 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
firedance

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: sending files.
I dont want any delay , but i remembered that there was a delay between the sResult commands. I tryed the messenger api but it didnt send anything, just opened the window in wich to send.
07-16-2004 10:30 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
code:
MSN.SendFile(<contact>, "")
This should work (replace 'MSN' with the name of your variable). It will open the File dialog.
If you want to process the return value, assign it to a MessengerWindow object.

Find attached a .chm file that details the Messenger API for both C++ and VB.

.zip File Attachment: messengerua.zip (341.83 KB)
This file has been downloaded 200 time(s).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-16-2004 02:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by firedance
need to return and then i cant do the thing after, anyone got an idea?
The default delay is 0.5 second - would you accept it? :)
07-16-2004 03:18 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: