What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I think there is a bug in msn messanger

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
I think there is a bug in msn messanger
Author: Message:
kiwi_2800

O.P. I think there is a bug in msn messanger
Hey why do I keep getting a message to update my msn messanger but when I do all it does is install what I already have without downloading anything whats the deal with this.  All I can do is shut it of for 1 week and it leaves me a lone for a while but why does it keep doing this.
07-17-2004 07:31 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: I think there is a bug in msn messanger
it doesnt add any visual additions, but older versions of msn messenger have major security bugs that, that means your PC security can be compromised.

It is advised that you always update when prompted to.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
07-17-2004 09:03 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Download the latest version of MSN Messenger manually http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/a/09a7...36bb52/SetupDl.exe

You may not notice any visual changed for a small update but what you can't see in the security and stability of the program is better...updating is never a bug...

This post was edited on 07-17-2004 at 09:13 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-17-2004 09:13 AM
kiwi_2800

O.P. RE: I think there is a bug in msn messanger
obviously you 2 people have failed to read my question properly I said and I quote that it doesn't download anything it just installs what I already have.  In future please read what I have witten so I don't have to repeat myself.
07-20-2004 02:01 AM
zaidgs

– / Male / –
whats your version ?!
latest is 6.2.137
07-20-2004 01:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by kiwi_2800
obviously you 2 people have failed to read my question properly I said and I quote that it doesn't download anything it just installs what I already have.  In future please read what I have witten so I don't have to repeat myself.
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Download the latest version of MSN Messenger manually
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/a/09a79e99-f2c8-4933-9797-77e88836bb52/SetupDl.exe
Download page (where you can choose the language):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...-a42e-417d748cefa1
Direct download (English version): http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/a/09a7...8836bb52/Setup.exe

.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-20-2004 09:36 PM
kiwi_2800

I already have the latest version of msn but it still is doing it and I am sick of repeating myself so will just put up with it and look on the site for the new version when its available and just tell msn messanger not to bother me for 1 week every time it cimes up.
07-22-2004 01:34 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
We KNOW you said you already have the last version....
Reread our posts: what we are suggesting is DOWNLOAD and REINSTALL it MANUALLY (after you removed the version you have now)....

Ps: If everything is set up/installed correctly there is no way that messenger will popup to download a "new" version, so you obviously have A) NOT the latest version or B) the settings (registry) is corrupt.... Either way, the fix for both problems is to UNINSTALL, DOWNLOAD and REINSTALL messenger MANUALY.

Anyways, make a small screenshot of the aboutwindow of Messenger and post it here. (The aboutwindow can be viewed by clicking on the topmenu Help > About Messenger)

This post was edited on 07-22-2004 at 06:45 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2004 06:42 PM
kiwi_2800

No I am not going to post any screenshots as I don't have a camera that will do that and I have no usb port in my computer to be able to do that so text is all your going to get and hey this is why I deleted msn messanger in the first place last time because I was having this problem I downloaded it and uninstalled it and got rid of it I don't know how many times to fix the problem and it keeps coming up and I have already now uninstalled it and downloaded it 3 times and I am not going to do it again.
07-23-2004 06:15 AM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by kiwi_2800
No I am not going to post any screenshots as I don't have a camera that will do that and I have no usb port in my computer to be able to do that so text is all your going to get
There should be a button on your Keyboard with text similar to "Print Scrn" or "Prnt Scrn".. and this button is usually next to the F12 button at the top... give it a push... open a small editing program like Paint (Microsoft Paint) and press Ctrl + V or right click inside and click "Paste" on that menu. I think you'l see a nice 'screen'shot of your screen. :)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
07-23-2004 06:23 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: