What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Features suggestion

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Features suggestion
Author: Message:
z_rudy

– / Male / –
O.P. Features suggestion
There are some features I'd really really like to see in Messenger Plus.

They are:

1. Text-to-speech. I know this is already available as a plugin. But the plugin only reads out that text if its own command was used. I'd like to see that builtin if possible.

2. Speech recognition: using the Speech API 6 thats available with Office 2003 if its installed on the PC. I guess its not hard to implement this (or is it?)

3. Mail system. That's not so important, but it would be nice if we were able to give an SMTP server to Plus and then we'll be able to check out mail within Messenger Plus and send emails too.

4a. Smarter logging system. In this way, Messenger Plus would create a separate folder for each Passport account used on the computer without requiring the user to manually change the location of his/her chat logs. In this way, chat logs of different email addresses with the same destination won't be merged in the same file.

4b. RTF/DOC logging. That is colored logging, or just any way that would make it easier for the person to read the chat logs.

4c.  The ability to view the archived logs from within Messenger without having to open Windows Explorer and navigate to that folder.

4d. The ability to search within encrypted log files. There's a software called Log Viewer or something like that, but it still even doesn't have this feature. If I wanna search for "birthday" inside my logs, I can easily use the builtin Search within Windows. However, if the chat logs were encrypted, this would be impossible unless I decrypt each and every one manually.

5. IMAP support and not just POP3.

6. Hiding Messenger Plus!'s popup toasts when Messenger is in Boss-protect mode. For example, I still get popups telling me who has signed out even when I'm "hiding" my Messenger.
07-17-2004 01:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Features suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by z_rudy
Text-to-speech. I know this is already available as a plugin. But the plugin only reads out that text if its own command was used. I'd like to see that builtin if possible.

Hum. Not a bad idea, but if this was included in Plus! the computer installed on would also have to have Microsoft Client installed, and many inexperienced users on older OS's may not know that this is needed to use the text to speech...There'd have to be an option to turn it off and select it for which contacts...
quote:
2. Speech recognition: using the Speech API 6 thats available with Office 2003 if its installed on the PC. I guess its not hard to implement this (or is it?)
Don't think that this could be built into Plus!, again many users will not be able to enjoy this feature...Its only a matter of time until MSN implement this in a future version of MSN Messenger, seems to be the way things are going.
quote:
3. Mail system. That's not so important, but it would be nice if we were able to give an SMTP server to Plus and then we'll be able to check out mail within Messenger Plus and send emails too.
You can already check when a POP based e-mail account receives new e-mail in Messenger Plus! and open a corresponding program.
Main Messenger Window > Plus! > Preferences > POP3 E-Mail and then check the box Enable POP3 E-mail checker and set up the account on one of the 5 tabs below. However you can not write e-mail in Plus!
quote:
4b. RTF/DOC logging. That is colored logging, or just any way that would make it easier for the person to read the chat logs.

Hum. Not bad idea
quote:
4c.  The ability to view the archived logs from within Messenger without having to open Windows Explorer and navigate to that folder.
Right click on a contact > Messenger Plus! Extras > Open Chat log...but an inbuilt viewer sounds like it may be added...
quote:
6. Hiding Messenger Plus!'s popup toasts when Messenger is in Boss-protect mode. For example, I still get popups telling me who has signed out even when I'm "hiding" my Messenger.

Hum...that sounds like a bug...never experienced that myself...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-17-2004 01:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
A name feature, not like custom names but maybe a box at the top of your chat that u can turn on or off where you can type in and save the name of your contact e.g John, Leslie u no whatever i have trouble sometimes remembering who they are if they told me and i just forget its them or if thier an online friend from a game e.t.c that would be great without having to use the custom name and then the normal name tags
07-17-2004 02:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Scone, that's a lot of work to do for such a small inconvenience...although overall that could be useful and add to Plus!'s perfection. Personally I don't think its worth it...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-17-2004 02:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
z_rudy

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Features suggestion
About 4c, I said archived logs, not logs. This means log of previous months. We'll have a select list to choose which month to view.
07-17-2004 02:47 PM
brovazz1

37 / Male / –
a new emotion window for plus would be greatful coz the old one is boring the hell outta me could that be fixed in a update of msgplus3
07-18-2004 01:33 PM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
4a. Smarter logging system. In this way, Messenger Plus would create a separate folder for each Passport account used on the computer without requiring the user to manually change the location of his/her chat logs. In this way, chat logs of different email addresses with the same destination won't be merged in the same file.
agreed.
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
there is software that does that for you
07-18-2004 01:50 PM
brovazz1

37 / Male / –
whatsup with that chat color thingy
damn
07-18-2004 02:09 PM
z_rudy

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Features suggestion
Well I don't prefer installing an additional plugin for MSN Messenger. Anyway, I'll try the software.

As for the color thingy, well its gets annoying when ALL of your contacts are singing in their nicknames :P Then you'll have to ignore their nickname cuz its too long in the chat logs. Arghh.. that is so annoying :P
07-18-2004 02:22 PM
brovazz1

37 / Male / –
yes indeed you are right i didnt noticed it yet
but now you said it your right :Dlol

and i guess more people are going to complain about that well thats forsure i think :D:D:D:D:D:
D:D:D:D:

edited. do not double post.

This post was edited on 07-18-2004 at 08:52 PM by Johnny_Mac.
07-18-2004 02:29 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: