What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Custom Emotions In Name Suggestion

Custom Emotions In Name Suggestion
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Dodgy  Custom Emotions In Name Suggestion
I know many times that it has been said that it is possible to place custom emotions in your name.  They say it is possible, but it would be high bandwith.  Isnt there a way to limit the amount of custom emotions placed in your name.  For example, the programmer of this could limit the amount of custom emotions in your name to be 4, so that it would be lower bandwith.

Let Me know
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-17-2004 10:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Custom Emotions In Name Suggestion
Who said it was possible? :-/ It's likely to be a protocol limitation...and hard to "crack" into :)
07-18-2004 04:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Well if it was possible it would be a great add on for the next version of Plus!, this is a feature i've been looking for scince the custom emoticons came into play with Msn6
07-18-2004 04:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Well if it was possible it would be a great add on for the next version of Plus!, this is a feature i've been looking for scince the custom emoticons came into play with Msn6
There is absolutly no way Plus! or any Plugin will be able to do this. The reason being is the way the Messenger Server works. The Client (which is your computer) Recognizes the default emoticons. Now if you place the text for the custom emoticon in your name the server will see it as plain text and not send the file to the persons computer so it can be displayed. So seeing how the Server sees it as plain text in the name then the Client will as well. The only way this is possible is if Microsoft changes the server to send the custom emoticons (if any in the name) the moment you open the window, but that would suck for people still on 56k (which half of the USA is).
07-18-2004 04:46 AM
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

you'd be flooded with IM sessions every time somebody signs in... good luck for your bandwidth, even on cable it would suck the megabytes out of your package... =/
07-18-2004 01:47 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
exactly, and for that reason I hope MSN will never build custom emoticons into nicknames....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-18-2004 09:37 PM
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
Ok ive changed my mind and i can see what you all are saying so now im with cookie, hoping they never will.
07-19-2004 08:07 AM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Custom Emotions In Name Suggestion
thats what im talking about...if you limit the amount of CE's allowed in your name then the bandwith wouldnt be high:P:S?
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-26-2004 03:10 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
thats what im talking about...if you limit the amount of CE's allowed in your name then the bandwith wouldnt be high:P:S?
Yes it will... the thing Matty and Millenium_edition said goes for even only 1 icon...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2004 04:22 AM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
LoochTheMan:

This is NOT going to be made... I hope... :D:P...
It requieres to much Bandwidht, if you knew just a litle about the protocol then you would know that the custom emotion had to be send everytime the user changed the nickname, and if you have a contact list of lets say 120 ppl, and they all have 2-3 custom emotions then you would have to recieve 240-360 custom emotions... have you tried sending just 1 custom emotion, it takes a hell of a lot of time, then think about it with 300 custom emos, that would be terrible....

But if somebody made a program (it cannot be made in plugin but maybe somesort of proxy would have to be used for this), then it should be like only persons also using this program is able to see the custom emos and disable them....
But I personally don't like this idea, it may sound cool, but requieres to much I think....

Or else you would have to make something like that you are using "Custom nick" (you choose a custom nick that the other person see, can be specified for each person ( I have already made this)), then sending the custom emo to the person you are talking to and do it so that the client only shows the custom emo when you are talking to the person... this might be a possibility but I don't know if there is Client restriction so it is fully impossible to do this.... but someone will have to experiment....
07-26-2004 12:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: