What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » The sound pluggins :(

The sound pluggins :(
Author: Message:
Ajizzle

O.P. The sound pluggins :(
I have downloaded three sound pluggins and so far they are all telling me the same thing.  "Could not open sound" , and "could not play sound"  I have put all the sounds in the correct folder as stated by the instructions...

where have i went wrong?
07-21-2004 01:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: The sound pluggins :(
About what soundplugins are you talking about?
Also, almost every soundplugin has a readme with it, read that first ;)
Also, some soundplugins have their own homepages, you can look there also for info...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-21-2004 01:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ajizzle

O.P. RE: The sound pluggins :(
well.. I actaully did read those.. They aren't very specific as far is if it doesn't work in the read me's:S. I got all of my sound pluggins from this website.. well..where the pluggins are available for download:).  I looked to see if their was a creater who left contact information of the sort:^)... there is none.8-)
[Image: slobrosigchip2(1).jpg]

www.needthespeed.net
07-21-2004 11:08 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
You didn't answer the question: About what soundplugins are you talking about? ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-22-2004 03:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Mine.
quote:
Originally posted by Ajizzle
I have downloaded three sound pluggins and so far they are all telling me the same thing.  "Could not open sound" , and "could not play sound"  I have put all the sounds in the correct folder as stated by the instructions...

where have i went wrong?
The DLL files should be in Plus's Plugins folder, and the sound files in subfolders that share their name with the DLL.
Out of interest, when extracting the files, did you preserve the folder structure or not?
quote:
Originally posted by Ajizzle
well.. I actaully did read those.. They aren't very specific as far is if it doesn't work in the read me's:S. I got all of my sound pluggins from this website.. well..where the pluggins are available for download:).  I looked to see if their was a creater who left contact information of the sort:^)... there is none.8-)
The ReadMe files are meant as a first stop source, and should solve most problems. However, I seem to have neglected proper support material on the website, so I'll be adding that this weekend.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-22-2004 09:40 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ajizzle

O.P. RE: RE: The sound pluggins :(
as soon as i open the Pluggins folder i do see the DLL files. Thats it the correct location for them (I THINK). But in this same folder are the sound files.. i guess the location of the sound files is incorrect. I'm not sure where they go, because i'm not sure to which subfolders the sounds go in, and i have all my sound files same spot so i'm not too sure what goes with what lol.

This post was edited on 07-22-2004 at 04:04 PM by Ajizzle.
[Image: slobrosigchip2(1).jpg]

www.needthespeed.net
07-22-2004 03:53 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Just delete all the soundfiles, and re-extract the archives, making sure you preserve the folder structure. This should put all the sounds in the correct folders.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-24-2004 09:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: