What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » lop

lop
Author: Message:
maddie_1902

O.P. lop
Every single time i do a system scan with ad-aware a particular file shows up - a Lop process... and it says it has no uninstaller. There must be a way to get rid of it, can anyone help? Thanks a lot.
08-31-2004 01:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: lop
You can find an unistaller at
http://lop.com/toolbar_uninstall.exe

Hope it helps ;)
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7280 days, 10 hours, 46 minutes, 21 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
08-31-2004 01:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
You can find an unistaller at
http://lop.com/toolbar_uninstall.exe
That's only to uninstall the LOP toolbar. LOP has many types of "advertisement"....

maddie_1902, did you install Messenger Plus! with the sponsor? If so, don't delete it with programs like ad-aware, it will only screw things up...

The proper way in removing it is to:
1) Install Plus! again with the sponsor.
(this to fix the uninstaller)

2) Uninstall Plus!
(this will also uninstall the sponsor)

3) Install Plus! again without the sponsor

proper uninstall instructions can be found here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

PS: you can always do this to be safe, even if you're not certain if it is the sponsor....

-------------

If it isn't the sponsor from Plus! Then try the uninstaller which Vazza linked to. But, remember, LOP has many types of things, so it may not work either....

If all things fail (remember to try uninstall/install Plus! first, before using anything else!), then use ad-aware to remove it....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-31-2004 03:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
maddie_1902

O.P. RE: lop
Yes i did download it with the sponsor and i've already done the re-install with sponsor and uninstall thing, no such luck. I don't have any sort of toolbar that shouldn't be there but i will try Vazza's suggestion (thanks!). The file is called 'soap heart kind scr' and has come back even after i deleted it with ad-aware a few hours ago... eek :s
08-31-2004 05:10 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
"soap heart kind.scr" isn't something from the sponsor of Messenger Plus! Also, if you can't download the uninstaller from LOP, your security settings (either in Windows/MSIE itself and/or either in other programs like Norton internet security) are set wrong and/or to strict...

It sounds like you have lots of problems. And I suspect your PC is full of adware and/or spyware (judging from your other posts)...
Try to run a virusscanner first, then run ad-aware again, followed by another virusscan. Make sure you delete everything those programs find... Also, check your internet security settings and firewall settings, etc... (in short, too much to list all of it in detail here without having physical access to your computer, so maybe ask someone of your friends who know a lot about PC's to fix everything)

This post was edited on 09-01-2004 at 10:35 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-01-2004 10:32 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
In reply to cookies post, you can get adaware here.

And you can get spybot search and destroy here].

If you don't already have them installed on your machine. Both are awesome and probably the best out there to remove adware and spyware...:)

This post was edited on 09-01-2004 at 12:30 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-01-2004 12:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
maddie_1902

O.P. RE: lop
Right - Ive decided to get properly procected and now i have all these things (free versions):
ZoneAlarm
Ad-aware
SpyBlaster
AVG
Winpatrol

and I am currently downloading SpyBot. Any more you recommend i download?
Also, another little prob... (sorry!)... i downloaded ZoneAlarm and WinPatrol today at a similar time and when i connected to the net after downloading them both, just after i connected the computer froze and i had to re-boot it. Did this twice... i disabled both Winpatrol and zonealarm and problem stopped - any ideas as to which one was causing the prob and how to sort it?
Thank you, you've been great to help me out!
09-01-2004 03:38 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: