What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Image Viewing Problems

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Image Viewing Problems
Author: Message:
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Image Viewing Problems
I did some searching, and it looks like ZoneAlarm might be the problem. Do you have it set to block ads?
07-29-2004 11:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dan

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Image Viewing Problems
I have ZoneAlarm Pro installed, and yes I do have it set to block ads. I'll disable this feature and get back to you. Thanks for your research, it's appreciated :)

I set the Ad Blocking to 'Med.' and it works fine now. I have Google Toolbar installed anyway, so I don't have to worry about getting popups. Thank you!

This post was edited on 07-29-2004 at 11:22 AM by Dan.
Dan
07-29-2004 11:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
btw, you have some more problems then that within your html code....

Problem 1

For starters there are here and there some hard returns after lines where they shouldn't be, so remove them:

code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"<hard return>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
code:
<!-- Begin
function popUp(URL) {
day = new Date();
id = day.getTime();
eval("page" + id + " = window.open(URL, '" + id + "',<hard return>
'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,re<hard return>
sizable=0,width=220,height=340');");
}
// End -->
Not all are wrong (the ones in html-tags), but the ones in script shouldn't be there!

Problem 2

Furthermore, and this is a very serious error, there seems to start another new html code right in the middle of the page:
code:
<td width="540"><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"<hard return>
<html>

Problem 3

Also, in the scripts: you use document.getSelection(), you should use window.getSelection() instead...

Problem 4

Furthermore, you're missing a <br>-tag here:
code:
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"></form></font>put a <br> here<font size="1" face="10" color="#000000"><a href="/index.php?action=results">Show me the results</font>

Problem 5

This image doesn't exist: http://www.vexonet.com/images/affiliates/dlserve.gif because you have uploaded dlserve.GIF. Names are case sensetive. So rename the file to dlserve.gif....

Problem 6

There is no style3-class defined anywhere....
<a href="mailto:webmaster@vexonet.com" class="style3" style="text-decoration: none">e-mail meloose the space here</a>

... ...

Check all these errors on all your pages, as they seem to occur everywhere on every page...

TIP: Do NOT trust on Internet Explorer for showing your page. It certainly DOES NOT automaticly mean that your page is ok when it shows nicely in Internet Explorer.... Also don't use 1 particular browser to check your page, use several different browsers, because each browser can show you page differently...

;)

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 06:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-29-2004 03:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dan

33 / Male / –
Thanks for your time for reveiwing my coding, Cookie. I've done problem 1 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> so it just looks like that.

For problem 2, I cannot see the error in my HTML. Please explain it to me. The same with problem, 3, 4 and 6. I figured out problem 5 after I posted.
Dan
07-29-2004 04:09 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
2: For a webpage you should only have one tag that explains the document type in a page and that should be at the very top and you should only have one <html> and one </html>. It's like you have another page inside a table. You might have been planning to put the page in an iframe (this isn't the case though) It looks like that page might have been included into the main page. for example

<td>
<?php include("affiliates.php"); ?>
</td>

affiliates.php:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
<html>...

This post was edited on 07-29-2004 at 04:33 PM by jren207.
07-29-2004 04:26 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Problem 3

Also, in the scripts: you use document.getSelection(), you should use window.getSelection() instead...

=> you use in one of your scripts: document.getSelection(). This is a non-standard objectmethod. The correct one (and which is compatible with all browsers) is window.getSelection(). so replace document.getSelection() with window.getSelection()...

Problem 4

Furthermore, you're missing a <br>-tag here:
code:
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"></form></font>put a <br> here<font size="1" face="10" color="#000000"><a href="/index.php?action=results">Show me the results</font>
=> Again, an Internet Explorer thingie... Only in MSIE the line "show me the results" is put under the button (for unknown reasons). If MSIE converted the HTML-code in the correct way then it should be next to the button. Thus this is how it is shown in "good" browsers; next to the button. So, in order to put the line under the button, you must insert a <BR>-tag there....

Problem 6

There is no style3-class defined anywhere....
<a href="mailto:webmaster@vexonet.com" class="style3" style="text-decoration: none">e-mail meloose the space here</a>

=> you have class="style3" in that link. A class defines how an element is going to look like. These classes are defined in your stylesheet. But there is no class named style3 in any of the stylesheets....

=> the "loose the space"-comment is there because you have entered a space there and after the </a>-tag there is also a space. Two spaces are useless and will be converted to only 1 space. This was proberly a small typo... Furthermore, you should always use the <a href>-tag and the closing </a>-tag directly infront and after the text, without any spaces in between. Otherwise you could have some small layout problems....

This post was edited on 07-29-2004 at 08:04 PM by CookieRevised.
07-29-2004 04:47 PM
Dan

33 / Male / –
Thanks jren207, I've fixed problem 2 now. If you could just double check it to make sure all the pages are correct and don't contain problem 2 anymore then that would be great.

Cookie, I know what the problems are, I just can't find the errors in my page. Which pages are the respective errors on? And what script is problem 3? I still can't find problem 4 or 6 either. Sorry to hassle you.
Dan
07-29-2004 05:03 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
All problems are based upon http://www.vexonet.com/index.php?page=affiliates, but they do appear on other pages as well...

Problem 3

search for "document.getSelection" and replace that by "window.getSelection"...

Problem 4

search for "<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"></form></font><font size="1" face="10" color="#000000"><a href="/index.php?action=results">Show me the results</font>" and insert that <br>-tag

Problem 6

search for "class="style3"" and delete it...
07-29-2004 07:59 PM
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
You site is free from problem 2 (y)

I'm not sure about the other problems, cookie knows more about that stuff... :S

Remember: (good tip :P )

That the included pages are just parts of a page. If possible, copy you main page delete whats in the middle, then add what you want for the feature and then copy it, save it and delete main page you used.
07-29-2004 08:26 PM
Dan

33 / Male / –
I've fixed problem 6, I can't find problem 3 at all, and I can only find problem 4 in the webpage source code when right clicking on my browser. I can't find it in either 'affiliates.php' or 'index.php' in Notepad.
Dan
08-01-2004 11:10 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: