What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Making a custom tab

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Making a custom tab
Author: Message:
illuzn

00 Dodge Viper GTS-R

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Making a custom tab
i have html knowledge but no clue with php... im guessing thats a bad thing
[Image: signature.jpg]
07-28-2004 09:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Making a custom tab
yeah, you gonna need that to create your page because the page must grab its info from another internet page. (It isn't static info so you can't make it with html alone). Well, there are other similar languages/methods you could use though, like ASP. But either way, you must know the language to create the page. Or you can ask nicely to someone who knows php to create it for you.....
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-28-2004 03:57 PM
illuzn

00 Dodge Viper GTS-R

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Making a custom tab
Sooo... Cookie ol' buddy ol' pal.... wanna do some php scripting for me :p .......

Just kidding.... know of a good reference to learn the code i need to make the php page (I have some programming knowledge) preferably something to the point so I don't have to read a million pages
[Image: signature.jpg]
07-29-2004 11:44 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by illuzn
Sooo... Cookie ol' buddy ol' pal.... wanna do some php scripting for me .......
lol...... I would if I knew how to program in PHP :p
quote:
Originally posted by illuzn
Just kidding.... know of a good reference to learn the code i need to make the php page (I have some programming knowledge) preferably something to the point so I don't have to read a million pages
(Y)
07-29-2004 01:54 PM
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
how do you use tab-template.zip? i cant seem to get it to work, can someone post how to create a tab?:S
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-30-2004 06:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
how do you use tab-template.zip? i cant seem to get it to work, can someone post how to create a tab?:S
Ermm... sorry to sound so blunt, but if you don't know how to unzip the file and edit html, then you should learn that first before creating websites (and tabs, which are in a sence just simple websites)
07-30-2004 09:10 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
* aNILEator thinks LoochTheMan is getting WAAAY too ahead of what he thinks he can do
07-30-2004 09:33 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
Im not ahead of myself, i know i cannot do anything and have little to no programming knoweldge, thats why i asked if someone could explain so i could try to learn...i dont know, i guess asking for help is such a bad thing:S
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

07-30-2004 11:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Asking for help is not a bad thing at all.
However, trying to run when you can't walk is....

First learn how to make websites, learn HTML and even PHP (almost always needed for creating tabs as tabs consist almost always of dynamic content). And in the process of learning all that, learn also how to deal with files in a Windows Environment (folders, files, subfolders, moving, copying, deleting, creating, etc...)....

And to learn all that, this isn't the proper place actually...

This post was edited on 07-30-2004 at 11:58 PM by CookieRevised.
07-30-2004 11:57 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I highly suggest (if you have it) taking the tutorials/lessons one by one in DREAMWEAVER MX that way you will get to know a little html and understand how it works.

Or you can do waht i usually do,if you see something you like or find interesting view the source code of the website {right click->view source on most web browsers} and see how it works.

I'm no genius i usually copy fragments of html from other places or search 'how to ....' in google and then just edit it to how i want it, this way i am getting to grips with html, and i even designed a website for the company i was on work experience for http://www.intronix.co.uk

At your level of experience i suggest using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) html editor like microsoft frontpage or macromedia dreamweaver to get a VERY BASIC layout then smartening it up in html mode sometimes i find it less stressful to work in frontpage like this and can solve problems easily ost of the time, however i am not gonna touch my weebl and bob tab with the WYSIWYG editor modes ever i want that to remain an example of html, i have no experience with PHP so i can't help you there, I am also not a programmer (really should get around to uninstalling VB, C++) but i am looking into night courses for c++ at the moment one or two hours a week isn't that bad now is it :)

I am always asking for help or advice on these forums this place is the best forum i belong to its a great world-wide community
*thanks once again everyone* hope i have been of some help.

And now i am gonna go wake up becasue i think i am still asleep, had my slipknot alarm go off to wake me up at 9.30 and i've been on here since, and i've gotta go into town today at 11 meh anyone know how to code a new human body for me?
07-31-2004 08:53 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: