What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Names in Window Taskbar

Names in Window Taskbar
Author: Message:
Trooper2k

O.P. Names in Window Taskbar
I just installed MSN 6.2 and MSN Plus 3 and now the names that would usually come up in a message window title bar or the task bar come up as "?" and does not display the person's name that i am chatting to. Whe i installed MSN plus and error came up saying "the specified module could not be found. unicows.dll". i could only install under WIndows 98 / me compatibility. Am running Windows XP Professional.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
07-30-2004 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: Names in Window Taskbar
Would you tell us what Plugins do you have? It appears that a plugin (or at least some addon) is using MSLU but the plugin developer forgot to distribute unicows.dll :)

P.S. MSLU stands for Microsoft Layer for Unicode, which provides programs ability to run -W API functions (e.g. MessageBoxW) under 98/Me.
07-30-2004 01:30 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Trooper2k

O.P. RE: Names in Window Taskbar
I am just running Windows XP (but installed msgplus under windows 98 / me compatibility because it wouldn't let me install it any other way), MSN Messenger 6.2.0137 and MsgPlus 3.01.94.  It is when i try and install MsgPlus that it comes up with teh Unicow.dll error.

Just tried installing it under normal conditions, no compatibility, and it comes up with an I/O error and list some options. i hvae tried every option but downloading from another source. Also now when i start the computer it reads an error " Entry Point Missing: The Messenger Plus hook file is missing or corrupted. Please re-install the software". DOes this mean i have to re-download the file or is there another way?

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 11:09 AM by Trooper2k.
08-01-2004 10:42 AM
sasquatch

Odi et amo.

36 / Male / –
i would try redownloading the file off msgplus.net, the hook file is the major dll involved with plus and if thatz corrupted, nothing will work
Dare to dream.
08-02-2004 06:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Trooper2k

O.P. RE: Names in Window Taskbar
Cheers people. Did the inevitable. Downloaded MsgPlus again and MSN Messenger. Reinstalled everything. Works perfectly. Can get into the old log files with password. Don't know what the problem was there as i could not get into them before.

Thanks for the help.
08-02-2004 09:44 AM
sasquatch

Odi et amo.

36 / Male / –
sry, but thatz a bug that has no solution rite now unfourtuantely :S u can scan this forum for posts about it, most suggest u just reinstall and try ur password again and that dun seem to work so sry pal
Dare to dream.
08-03-2004 04:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: