What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!

Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
Today i noticed something really weird whilst checkin up on the threads i posted in.

If i go here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29338&page=1 i get this login screen:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=285480]

Has a virus (passwordstealer) crept into this page? It's only on that certain page it occurs an it wasnt like that yesterday. Please look inta it.

.jpg File Attachment: strange login.JPG (16.9 KB)
This file has been downloaded 200 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 11:23 AM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-01-2004 11:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
I don't notice any strange behaviour, and I looked at the page with Mozilla and Internet Explorer. Also, it does not look like a virus to me, but just like a login window for MSN Communities :-/

Indeed, it seems to be just an image in The Napster's signature. This image is hosted on MSN Communities (German site, therefore .de), and you have to sign in to see the image. Therefore, that window pops up. Nothing dangerous, I'd say :)

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 11:31 AM by Tochjo.
08-01-2004 11:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
Things like these shouldnt popup outta the blue! If it is caused by Napsters signature (i dont see an image inthere just a red cross) shouldnt he remove it??? I don't trust these popups one bit!!!

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 11:38 AM by Sunshine.
08-01-2004 11:34 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
It does not pop up for me :S

I see de.msnusers.com in the titlebar of the pop up window, and I see it in the location of an image that does not show up. Manually going to the location of that image shows that I'm not authorised to view it, and that I have to sign in. That's what the box is for, if you ask me :-/

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
If it is caused by Napsters signature (i dont see an image inthere just a red cross) shouldnt he remove it???
Broken images should always be removed, in my opinion. He could remove it to see if that solves your problem - and I believe it will.

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 11:44 AM by Tochjo.
08-01-2004 11:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Alert: Virus on specific thread on this forum!!!
I use IE to view these pages cuz im using customgamespatch an links in the tab will open in IE then. When i go to the page an scroll down a bit it pops up.....

These popups can scare da shits outta someone cuz there was a thread bout passwordstealers before onhere (when those kinda screens pops up you never know what it is)...i hope if Napsters signature is removed it will be solved.

Edit: done some researchin..went to Napsters Profile and to some of his other posts an it is indeed his signature causin it!!! PM-ed him to read this thread and remove his sig ;)

This post was edited on 08-01-2004 at 12:01 PM by Sunshine.
08-01-2004 11:48 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: