What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Away Status"

"Away Status"
Author: Message:
txags

O.P. "Away Status"
Does anyone know a program that will tell you exactly how long the person has been away...AIM has what the call "idle time" so the person could be set to away but they really are not and with that you know if they jsut dont want to talk to you...
08-03-2004 06:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
RE: "Away Status"
They can use the messenger plus! away feature to display the time they will be back, and if its past that time i suppose you know they just dont want to talk to you.
08-03-2004 06:45 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
There isnt such a prog for MSN messenger. Sure MSN has a thing like idletime but still that doesnt tell u how long they been away since u can set the amount of mins before goin to idle urself.

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
They can use the messenger plus! away feature to display the time they will be back, and if its past that time i suppose you know they just dont want to talk to you.
An yes they could set a time but that is upto the contact..so again that tells u nothin. If they dont talk to u after that time it means nothin cuz u know they could just be delayed or whatever.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-03-2004 08:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
txags

O.P. RE: "Away Status"
I was talking about a program that would tell you like the last time the person hit a key on their keyboard or moved their mouse.
08-03-2004 02:39 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: "Away Status"
quote:
Originally posted by txags
I was talking about a program that would tell you like the last time the person hit a key on their keyboard or moved their mouse.

Well plus will record changing of status in eventlog..so when that person has idle status on u will see when that person goes idle...idle status goes back to online when he/she touches a key or the mouse. U cant tell if the person has manually set it to away an typed something afterwards (or when status is set to anything else for that matta)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-03-2004 03:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
If you havent use aim, this person means when you come online and hover the mouse over the contacts sn it will say "soandso has been online for 20 minutes 36 seconds" or however long they were on. This tells you how long they were on before you came online and stuff, not only whenever you come online and see them, because it doesnt record how long before.

Msn doesnt allow this feature...i forget what cookie said about it in another thread, but yeah./
08-03-2004 05:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: