What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Will Plus also support Webmessenger?

Will Plus also support Webmessenger?
Author: Message:
T-PO

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  Will Plus also support Webmessenger?
Hello guys,

Today I read the message that microsoft has released a betaversion of Webmessenger (http://webmessenger.msn.com/)

I tried it and it works just fine.... However..... I'm VERY used to MSG Plus functionality and (of course) Webmessenger does not support this...

Will at any time in the future Plus support Webmessenger?

I REALLY hope so!

Regards,

T-PO
08-07-2004 07:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Will Plus also support Webmessenger?
No. Plus! needs to 'hook' in Messenger; this would be impossible.
08-07-2004 07:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Will Plus also support Webmessenger?
To be honest, as long as you are behind your pc it's useless to use Web Messenger. Web Messenger is a great product from Microsoft, but a normal MSN client is just feels better.

The real situations where Web Messanger comes in handy are either when you are on some PDA or smartphone that does allow full HTML and access but [i]doesn't[/] support the MSN Messenger program. However, Plus! won't be able to run on such systems anyway so it is impossible to enable Plus! support in that situation anyway.

Also you could use Web Messenger at like work / school / internetcafe where you want to use MSN for a short period and can't be bothered to install the whole MSN program. In this situation people wont be bothred with installing Plus! too.

So basicly you could just say that in the situation where somebody really uses Web Messenger installing Plus! isn't disired/possible. And even if it was, like Tochjo already said: It is not possible to hook into the webpages Web Messenger creates. Also Web Messenger hasn't got any API availible (and will never have) and Plus! needs they API to fully work.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-07-2004 07:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: