What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Help/Complaint(s)

Help/Complaint(s)
Author: Message:
OdomOwnage

O.P. Help/Complaint(s)
Ermm.. when installing this program, I have to say I LOVE the features. They kick @$$. However, I hate the fact that my browsers home page ia automatically changed to some site with a billion ads on it causing pop-ups galore. Not to mention I get 5 new icons on my desktop. Lets not forget about the CDROM programs running? I dont know what they are, they didnt do nuthing, but every time i ended the tasks of these CDROM~1 they both would come back. Whats up with this? I dont want this crap with a program thats suppose to be good. I love the features but somethings gotta be done with this side @$%!
08-08-2004 05:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: Help/Complaint(s)
You've installed the sponsor program by the sounds of things. Just uninstall Plus! and then reinstall without the sponsor program
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7288 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes, 53 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
08-08-2004 06:06 PM
Smethead

36 / Male / –
You didn't read what you were installing. There is an optional sponsor-ad in the installer and if you don't like it you should click: I don't agree; install Messenger Plus! WITHOUT the sponsor. You will have to remove plus and reinstall without the sponsor.

BTW: check the forums before asking questions that are asked very often.

Welcome to the forums (y)
[Image: fenderhc4.png]
08-08-2004 06:08 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
Hi OdomOwnage,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Just uninstall Plus! and then reinstall without the sponsor program
This is not always a case, since there are more variables that must be accounted for...
quote:
Originally posted by Smethead
You didn't read what you were installing.
Its easily done, most people aren't familiar with the concept of optional adware, a concept that many software developers should adopt...

This post was edited on 08-08-2004 at 06:45 PM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
08-08-2004 06:44 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
OdomOwnage

O.P. RE: Help/Complaint(s)
Yes, sorry ive never had that option available to me. I have plenty of programs(three) to get that crap off comp tho:-P Ad blocker SSD and nav -.- :) sorry for the mishap

Thanx everyone for the help but ur a fiesty one smethead :-P
08-09-2004 12:37 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by OdomOwnage
I have plenty of programs(three) to get that crap off comp tho
No, please read what I posted, those programs only damage the sponsor program and make it harder to get rid of and in further events can make it unreliable. Follow the guide I gave you...

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 12:56 PM by Anubis.
08-09-2004 12:55 PM
OdomOwnage

Hrmm.. I know, im not stupid. Im just saying I have that stuff to remove it. I was smart enough to get rid of the junk sponsor crap before even posting here. Im going into the computer field im not completly stupid :)
08-10-2004 02:53 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
I never said you were stupid, however I still think you are missing the point...
quote:
Originally posted by OdomOwnage
I have that stuff to remove it
And I clearly stated that this 'stuff' won't remove it fully...
With me assuming 'stuff' is ad-aware removal programs...
08-10-2004 03:29 PM
OdomOwnage

and with me saying ive already removed it why does it matter?

I was just saying I have stuff to remove crap ads that are put on my comp. Then I said, however Ive already removed it.
08-10-2004 04:13 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: