What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » X Box custom soundtrack

X Box custom soundtrack
Author: Message:
LoochTheMan

= Su-Fi =

– / Male / Flag
O.P. X Box custom soundtrack
i tried to put a burned CD in my x box to save for a custom soundtrack but it said it could not read the disk, does anyone know how to make a custm CD that the X Box reads
[Image: dane_banner_01.gif]

"That Dane Cook Is A Silly Bitch"

08-11-2004 05:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
RE: X Box custom soundtrack
Burn them at a REALLY slow speed (this also works for dvds) The slowest your burner can do, (e.g: 2x) this dosnt always work on audio cds but its always worked with DVDS for me.

The other option is to get a mod chip for around $50, except that this voids your warranty and also Live! wont work if you have a chip (not sure why, but it dosnt)
08-11-2004 07:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
The other option is to get a mod chip for around $50, except that this voids your warranty and also Live! wont work if you have a chip (not sure why, but it dosnt)
you can if u do it right ;) but its illegal so i cant really say how here

and about the cds i didnt have to burn them at low speeds they worked just fine for me :\

This post was edited on 08-11-2004 at 08:35 AM by Eljay.
08-11-2004 08:35 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Burn them at a REALLY slow speed (this also works for dvds) The slowest your burner can do, (e.g: 2x)
That's a very very golden tip!!!!

However some remarks:

Many people believe, the faster the better. Well this is not true when it comes to burning CD's, DVD's, etc... The fatser you burn the more errors that will get on your burned media. And yes there WILL be errors!!! You only don't notice them, because CD's have a build in errorcorrection mechanism (and also audio is so prone to errors then data; you can't hear an error so easly as you can see a dataerror). But players often stumble across these errors and can't play the CD. And because it is player dependant, some, like leejeffery, will not notice errors (but that doesn't mean they aren't there!)

Whitout going all technical, the important thing to remember is: if you want a quality burned CD, burn as lowspeed as possible as your burner (AND THE CD-R!!!*) allows.

In burning: Speed is not a good thing!

If you want a perfect burned CD, buy a CD-R which allows 2x or 4x speed burning, and burn it at that speed in raw mode, disc-at-once and make sure the bruning software has all the cpu-resources it needs (this means that it should write perfect even if you disabled buffer-under/overrun**).

* Important: CD-R's are made to be written at certain speeds (mentioned on the box)!!! pick the lowest speed for that particular CD. If you pick a lower or higher speed then mentionned on the box, chances are that you have a lot of errors again, or even bad-burned CD's which you must trow away....

** buffer-under/overrun is a nice option if you quickly want to burn something. But this "nice" option actually makes that many CD's are bad written in a heavly used resource system. Everytime the buffer-under/overrun comes in action, a small gap is burned on your CD, making it not perfect and some players can't play "over" them...

btw: Audio can only be played at 2x speed...

This post was edited on 08-11-2004 at 10:54 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-11-2004 10:48 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: