What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » can sign in all but my main msn addy

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
can sign in all but my main msn addy
Author: Message:
Nitemistress

Do your parents know you read this?

66 / Female / –
O.P. can sign in all but my main msn addy
I have just, in the last hour or so, encountered a problem. For some unknown, totally unfathomable reason can NOT sign into msn messenger using my every day MAIN addy. I can sign in under my sons, his friends, my oddballs I use for testing or junk but not my main one!!! This happened after a reboot and I have since uninstalled both it as well as plus and reinstalled. I even went so far as to change my password via email but nothing. My main is the ONLY one that will NOT connect. Oh and just to add to the confusion...I went down the hall to my mothers and was able to get on my main one on HER computer.

Help?? Suggestions?? Ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Update:
after doing what i can, having yet again uninstalled both msn messenger and plus, adding messenger first without plus and trying that way, then adding plus..8o| NADA!! and what's worse...can now only get two of my lesser used addys to open. can no longer get sons, or his friends to connect at all. Am at a loss to explain it or understand it but if anyone else has heard of, had it happen to them, anything....????

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 02:26 AM by Nitemistress.
08-12-2004 09:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
RE: can sign in all but my main msn addy
i have the same problem which i posted b4! i dont know wat it is and its really annoyin, u can sign in on gaim tho, but not on msn for some reason

what i want to try is were they store all the custom emos and all the dps if i delete all of those and then tryin it cos i think something has happened in there to stop it signing in

p.s if you chnage hu automatically signs in it works with the one u choose, but stil not your main account v wierd

my previous post http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29842

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 08:18 AM by Phrive.
[Image: 1thing5hk.gif]

08-13-2004 08:00 AM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
Try deleting your list Cache, to do this go to your msn messenger email folder (with custom emoticons.. ect) This is usually at "C:\Documents and settings\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\*your account number*\"

*Your account number* will be the number of your email but encoded in numbers, to get your email ID use this program i have attached. Then in there, delete the "ListCache" and try login in.

If that doesn't work, then delete your whole folder and try.

.exe File Attachment: Email_ID.exe (7 KB)
This file has been downloaded 140 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 09:16 AM by Sk3tch.
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
08-13-2004 09:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
cheerz man much appreciated im just going to try it ill tell you if it has worked!
i get a run time error on that file :(

THANX man i lloveyou! it worked! yay i dont no wat happened to it but it worked so thanx thanx thanx

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 09:12 AM by Phrive.

08-13-2004 09:04 AM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by _-PhRiVe-_
i get a run time error on that file
oops.. yeh sorry, i just coded it really quick :P should work now
quote:
THANX man i lloveyou! it worked! yay i dont no wat happened to it but it worked so thanx thanx thanx
Glad it worked :)
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
08-13-2004 09:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
becauce i got the run time error i just deleted everything my mum and bro wont be pleased but i sure am, they have no emos or dps lol o well!

08-13-2004 09:19 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: can sign in all but my main msn addy
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
quote:
i get a run time error on that file
oops.. yeh sorry, i just coded it really quick :P should work now
Choli made also such a tool last year:
Choli's reply to msn6 user id thingy
(heavely used by many people ;))

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
Try deleting your list Cache, to do this go to your msn messenger email folder (with custom emoticons.. ect) This is usually at "C:\Documents and settings\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\*your account number*\"
Only for XP, Win2k, NT

for 9x (with profiles):
\WINDOWS\Profiles\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

for 9x (without profiles):
\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger

In that directory you'll find 3 subdirectories:
* Backgrounds
* CustomEmoticons
* UserTile
(for more detailed info on this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=18...d=163605#pid163605)

But, what you wanted to delete is "ListCache.dat" only, I think... So delete only that file in the futur (and by doing that you'll keep your CE's, DP's and backgrounds)... If that doesn't work, then you can try to delete the other directories also....

EDIT: oh I see that Sk3tch already said "listcache"... oh well...

EDIT2 _-PhRiVe-_: I never double post :p (I hope).... What happened is that I  first replied at your post, then realised I forget to reply to Sk3tch' post, so I did and edited the two together afterwards... You happend to be reading this thread while I was doing it... ;)

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 09:51 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-13-2004 09:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
i jsu deleted it all, i dnt mind i needed a clean any way
Cookie double posted! :)

08-13-2004 09:45 AM
Nitemistress

Do your parents know you read this?

66 / Female / –
O.P. RE: can sign in all but my main msn addy
I knew I came to the right place for help. Now for the good news and the weirdly bad news.

Good news: by using Choli's ID number bit, I at least know my messenger email number (Y)

Weirdly bad news: I know already you guys are going to be scratching your heads and getting the nice white jacket out for me BUT I guarantee that after much looking and using search to back me up.........

everything sk3tch listed in the file path to get to this cache is non existant after c:\documents and settings!!!!! I open it expecting to see that familiar folder because YES, I have indeed seen it before on here and it is NOWHERE to be found!!!!

I keep telling you my computer is the Bermuda Triangle of the Twilight Zone.  When I go c:\documents and settings the ONLY thing in there is MY folder, the one with my user name. that is IT! Inside it are the ones for my: cookies,favourites,my documents, start menu, user data, desktop, and windows <--that only has an empty 'system' folder. I even checked the regular windows folder, took a peek in to see if anything was hiding in it but of course not.

As frustrating as this is it's almost funny. I feel like I'm on a deserted island and the message in the bottle that washed up was for the previously stranded person.

If you want to noodle this latest quirk and come up with any ideas I'd be as always eternally grateful.

Choli, nice program there and will make sure my friends *those with NORMAL computers* have it to use. Sk3tch, have yours too just his was first in the folder but will try it to figure out one of the other ones! :D
08-13-2004 02:32 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
The correct path is C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<number>.

Note that some folders might be hidden. To be sure, just type it in the address bar: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data (where you change <username> to username. You should then see other folders.

You can also choose to show hidden folders: My Computer > Tools > Folder options > Appearance > Show hidden folders (or similar).

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 06:52 PM by Tochjo.
08-13-2004 02:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: