What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » LVC v1.2 released!

LVC v1.2 released!
Author: Message:
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  LVC v1.2 released!
First public release, hope you like it. :)

quote:
Lopardo's Volume Control allows you to save the current sound volume configuration and then to load it back. It's like an enhanced Windows volume control, made by Lopardo ;-)
Once you get used to it, you won't be able to live without it!

Screenshot of main window:
[Image: lvc.png]

Download here:
http://360software.dakotabcn.net/lvc/

Please try it and tell me if you find any bugs.

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 05:47 AM by lopardo.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
08-13-2004 05:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: LVC v1.2 released!
That's actually pretty nice. I have a massive 5.1 set here and at night i use my headset alot. Having the same volume settings on both is just not convenient and i'm rather lazy instead of changing it all the time.

Tried it and works perfect, few suggestions though:
  • At the Preferences > Actions. It would be nice if you could set something like "Switch to next preset". Additionally, when you use that action it would be nice if it displays a tooltip saying which preset is loaded.
  • A "Switch to predefined preset ........" action would also be nice. But i like a "switch next better, becaue i only have 2 presets anyway and i prefer to just use the doubleclick leftmousebutton action.
  • Rename the "cancel" button to "close". Lol, not that anyone except me would care about that :).

Nice tool, thanks.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-13-2004 11:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: LVC v1.2 released!
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
That's actually pretty nice. I have a massive 5.1 set here and at night i use my headset alot. Having the same volume settings on both is just not convenient and i'm rather lazy instead of changing it all the time.
I made it for similar reasons :)

quote:
Tried it and works perfect
(Y)

quote:
At the Preferences > Actions. It would be nice if you could set something like "Switch to next preset". Additionally, when you use that action it would be nice if it displays a tooltip saying which preset is loaded.
Added to the to-do list for next version. How would you like that tooltip to appear?

quote:
A "Switch to predefined preset ........" action would also be nice. But i like a "switch next better, becaue i only have 2 presets anyway and i prefer to just use the doubleclick leftmousebutton action.
Actually, I already thought about it, but didn't implement it because of laziness :lol: It's in the to-do list :)

quote:
Rename the "cancel" button to "close". Lol, not that anyone except me would care about that .
Now you mention it, you're right, it should be just "close" (previous versions worked different so it made more sense back then).
08-14-2004 01:55 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
How would you like that tooltip to appear?
Like a tooltip right above the LVC trayicon that says: "Changed volume preset to presetname" Or something like that, could be an infoballoon too (thougth that was how they are called). Don't know what is possible/easy though, just a little something that shows you to which preset you actually changed and then dissapears after like 2/3 seconds.

Now i think about it, you could change your default trayicon tooltip that now says "Lopardo's volume control" to mention the current preset that is used. Then you'll just need to hover your mouse above the icon to know what preset you are currently using.

This post was edited on 08-14-2004 at 02:17 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-14-2004 02:16 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: LVC v1.2 released!
Well, I'm adding your suggestions right now, you'll have 3 more options:
- Switch to previous preset
- Switch to next preset
- Switch to preset... (shows a dialog asking for a preset)
[Image: lvc1.png]

You'll find a checkbox so you can "wrap" the list when using switch to previous/next preset (so you can use it as you wanted):
[Image: lvc2.png]
(Is that text OK? I mean, is that understandable?)

Another thing I was thinking about, how should LVC determine which preset is currently selected to switch to the previous/next one? I was thinking about two methods:
- Compare current volume settings with each preset to find the current one and load the previous/next one (if the current volume isn't a preset, then what preset should LVC load?).
- Keep track of the last loaded preset and load the previous/next one (but the same happens here if the user didn't load a preset since LVC was started and the current volume isn't a preset).
What do you think?
08-16-2004 03:40 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Is that text OK? I mean, is that understandable?
It's good with me.

quote:
Keep track of the last loaded preset and load the previous/next one
I would go for this method. If i change my volume settings manually (not using preset) then they usually don't differ a lot from my last loaded preset. So it would make most sence to go to the next preset from there.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-16-2004 10:03 AM
ind3nt

works great real nifty :)
08-16-2004 10:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Swizzy

34 / Male / –
Class.. That's so much easier than messing lol.
08-17-2004 02:46 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: