What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [ NEW FEATURE ] Standard-status

[ NEW FEATURE ] Standard-status
Author: Message:
rocco

O.P. Wink  [ NEW FEATURE ] Standard-status
Hi there guys!

I have a suggestion for the next release of MSN Plus.

I always have my messenger status on 'away', that way i feel i can disregard some people because their timing is poor or for whatever reason...

but

sometimes the messenger goes offline (or in case of a restart) and then logs me on again, but then my status is 'online' and i get a lot of messages.

It would be very nice to have a standard-status which you can control as you'd like. So if you come online your status will be ie 'away' right away. I would certainly be interested in this kind of enhancements...  :D

This post was edited on 08-13-2004 at 11:04 AM by rocco.
08-13-2004 11:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: [ NEW FEATURE ] Standard-status
Although this feature is not in Messenger Plus! already, you could use a plug-in to do this already, which could also be seen as enhancement :)

The idea is to use a plug-in that saves your status when you sign off, and after you sign in again, it quickly changes your status to the one you had. Now, if you would make the file that keeps your status read-only, it would always change your status to a certain status :)

I attached the plug-in (made by DJMystic) to this post. Now, place the DLL file in your plug-ins folder, most likely C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\Plugins. Then close and reopen MSN Messenger. Change your status to the one you'd always like (i.e. Away) and sign off. Now, a file named OldStatus.dat should appear in the plug-ins directory.

Right click that file, and make it read-only. Now, if you should sign in to MSN Messenger, it should change your status to Away right away :)

.zip File Attachment: DJMystic StatusSaver [StatusSaver].zip (20.27 KB)
This file has been downloaded 106 time(s).
08-13-2004 11:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
I thought there's a similar feature in Plus! that supports this..
There's this feature that if you haven't been active for a period of time it changes by it's self to the status you choose.

Prefrences > General Options > Miscellaneous
08-13-2004 01:56 PM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Well, BluexDreams, you are almost right :)
The feature present in Plus! allows the user to change their status after a period of inactivity. However, there is an advantage of the way I posted: my way will work right on sign in, not after a period of time.

I agree though, that, seeing as he/she would like to always have his/her status set to Away, a combination of both the plug-in and that option, could be useful :)
08-13-2004 02:25 PM
rocco

O.P. RE: [ NEW FEATURE ] Standard-status
Thanx guys!

BluexDreams, Tochjo is right, i'd like my status to change right away... so Tochjo's solution is quite right for me!

I will try this solution! Thanx again ;)
08-13-2004 02:42 PM
anand

It is good to have these kinds of plugin but if something like this is added in msgplus that will be wonderful... Coz I have more faith in msgplus rather than any add-on or plugin.
08-13-2004 07:01 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Well, Patchou made support for Plugins because he simply doesn't have time to make every feature people want. Also Patchou doesn't want to include as many features in Plus!, but he only tries to add features that everyone likes and are really usefull.

Maybe a feature you are talking about would be nice, but then many people will also expect that when you appeared offline, you also will appear offline next time you login and i know Patchou didn't want to create such a thing because of his own reasons. I suggest to try DJmystic's sessionsave, if you don't like it you can always uninstall it, but i doubt a feature like this will be included into Plus! itself anytime soon.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-13-2004 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: